Chicagoland Sportbike Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
CLSB SuperHero
1,808 Posts
Pretty damn good.:cheers Where you getting it from?

·
Premium Member
45,956 Posts
Check with Nick up at woodfield He got Fred a good deal on his.

·
I can make my bike lean!
356 Posts
You dont want to know what kind of "deal" Woodfield has on a R1:rolleyes

·
CLSB SuperHero
1,808 Posts
Best place around here would probably be Chicago Cycle. Keep in mind, if its from out of state, you will have to pay Illinois taxes which could be upwards of $800-$900 on top of what you already paid.

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
You could try calling Shreffler's Harley-Yamaha (Manteno, IL). I was in there today and didn't notice a silver R1, but it could have been in the window. They had all 3 colors as of last Thurs. Their number is 815-468-8673

Doc

·
rider for life
705 Posts
TerminatorR1 said:
Best place around here would probably be Chicago Cycle.

WARNING! WARNING! WARNING! DANGER WILL ROBINSON!:mad

Shop reputation and honesty means more than any advertising "come on" local pricing war! Your true, final, black and white cost needs to be checked EXTREMELY CAREFULLY before handing over funds/accepting delivery of a machine. Don't take my word for it- ask around and be careful!

·
Registered
18,885 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Believe me... I will be careful...after all that's what I do all day.

Does anyone know how the IL tax works on out of state sales? Do I pay the 6.75% when I register?

Are there any extra fees?

·
rider for life
705 Posts
Re: Re: Chicago Cycles

Michael said:

lol .. it would appear so, huh? :D
No, you're making the wrong assumption based on my strong post- I haven't bought a current model bike off a showroom floor in a long time. That bit of advice comes from listening carefully to other's bad experiences.

Here's some more: DO NOT allow the dealer in question to figure your cost based on "what you want your monthly payment to be".
Beware common $900-1400 total freight and setup charges bringing that advertised price into reality.
Watch in final paperwork for a hidden life insurance policy taken out by the dealer on you- they get the loan paid off if you die (and you pay for the policy!).
Beware dealers that try to get gullible people in the door (half the battle) by advertising prices below dealer cost (how long do you think they'd stay in business, even at volume, with this business practice?)

·
Who's faster Lupi
4,957 Posts
Ok I bought my car in Madison, WI. NoLiscence fees or taxes were charged or financed at the dealership. Got home and had to go and apply for plates, pay taxes based on my home address area's sales tax, and pay for the above liscencing costs. This was out of pocket. Was not able to finance it since I financed thru the dealer. But I saved a ton on the car.

·
Registered
18,885 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
DO NOT allow the dealer in question to figure your cost based on "what you want your monthly payment to be".
Are there still people out there that can't do a simple TVM calculation?

I've never heard of a dealer taking out a life insurance policy...maybe if they are financing it in house. They are just protecting their assets; nothing wrong with that if your only choice is to finance with them.

·
Registered
19,186 Posts
Kruz said:

Are there still people out there that can't do a simple TVM calculation?

I've never heard of a dealer taking out a life insurance policy...maybe if they are financing it in house. They are just protecting their assets; nothing wrong with that if your only choice is to finance with them.
Tell me about it. Just whip out the old HP or TI BAII Plus and they won't even try to pull any crap on you.:D :D :evil :evil

·
Registered
19,186 Posts
Kruz said:
Believe me... I will be careful...after all that's what I do all day.

Does anyone know how the IL tax works on out of state sales? Do I pay the 6.75% when I register?

Are there any extra fees?
They screwed mine up at first and Charged me 6.75% The lady came running out and stopped me cause there is a flat rate for a used bike. I think it was like $150 or something. But that was a used bike a new one may be different.

·
Registered
563 Posts
GsxrTony said:
Check with Nick up at woodfield He got Fred a good deal on his.
Fred's 2000 R1, or did he get a 2002?

·
3,613 Posts
Y2KR1 said:
Fred's 2000 R1, or did he get a 2002?
Pretty sure he got a new one 'cause the old one was for sale, right?

·
Registered
245 Posts
I took care of Fred last year on a leftover '00 model R1. He still has this bike and has not purchased a '02 from me.

Tony, thank you for the referral. Andy, sorry we weren't able to work something out with you.

Kruz please check your PM box.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts