Chicagoland Sportbike Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5,811 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone else notice this recently? Went to the supermarket and they had some beef in the refridgerated section with "prod of Mex." on the label. What is the deal with this? Do we have a shortage of beef here or something? Anyone ever buy this stuff? Just the extra transit time would make me shy away. Odd.. Positive note, they may actually eat grass like intended instead of corn like the US.
Only other mass imported stuff I saw was shrimp, almost all frozen is from Thailand, won't touch it with a 10ft pole. Some frozen fish now from China too, fuck that, pulled from waters with chemical by-products of iPods.

·
2,306 Posts
back in the day

most major food stores used to use Australian bull meat in their grinds to darken it up and call it extra lean......fact, I was there.......

·
Banned
8,661 Posts
I notice it in the stores that have lower prices. The big name stores usually have US beef (i believe)

still interested in grades of beef. How is one meat better than the other?

·
I'm a non-achiever.
2,892 Posts
I can tell you this....If there are two similar looking ribeyes nice and marbled, or better yet bone in, I'll get the cheaper. If I can't tell by inspection if it's noticably better, than who cares? I'm looking for marbling and color anyway

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.