Chicagoland Sportbike Forums banner

Project: Backup Bike

874 views 24 replies 10 participants last post by  resurrection 
#1 ·
Well after breaking down twice at the trails I decided I want another bike in reserves in the trailer to get me back out on the trails asap. Also if any of my friends break down that bike is there for them as well if we are all out together.

I just won a YZ125 frame on ebay, so it will be here soon and I have the extra motor sitting in my garage, I just need to throw a new top end on it.

Now I do need to build the rest of the bike, I need:

Forks
wheels and brakes
swingarm
subframe
wiring harness
gas tank/plastics
seat
bars and levers/ foot pegs

Heres the fun part, It's in everyones best interest to help me build this as you may end up needing it someday to save your day from being over. if you have any spare parts laying around that will fit this bike I would greatly appreciate it.

See less See more
#4 · (Edited)
http://www.thumpertalk.com/classifieds/showproduct.php?product=29607&cat=32

Cheap plastic

"Description: I have some blue YZ125 plastic that I dont want to throw in the trash. The plastic isnt in the best condition but there is no cracks, just the usual white marks in the plastic on the rear fender and regular wear and tear. I have the front and rear fenders, fork guards, front number plate, side panels and radiator shrouds. Make offer. Im also willing to trade this for a black fuel tank for a 99 YZ125.
Year/Make/Model item was originally from? 99 Yamaha YZ 125 "

http://www.thumpertalk.com/classifieds/showproduct.php?product=28748&cat=32

Cheap clutch control

"Description: Used Yamaha Clutch Set. The set is the clutch perch, the clutch lever, the clutch adjuster, and two rubber protector covers(one goes over the perch and part of the lever and the other goes over the clutch adjuster). The set is the oem clutch set for a 2002 yz125.
It works great but the lever is bent a little, like it curved up slightly from when it was in use. Send me an I/M for pics or info[xxxfoxrider44xxx]. $10.00
Year/Make/Model item was originally from? 2002 Yamaha YZ125"

#21 ·
Did we just work on that last spring ?
Is that you dude?

#25 ·
That's funny
It's sure a small world the story sounded like it (pretty close, I must have left my sent on it)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.