Chicagoland Sportbike Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
#40 expert
780 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
http://proetraining.blogspot.com/2012/07/from-motorcycle-racers-perspective.html < my perspective on race tracks. What is your metric and why? I hear Black Hawk Farms will be moving the T2 guard rail back to the fence line. Unfortunately I think managers of Blackhawk should think very long and hard on what they are doing and why. I don't think the fence line is far enough back. They should take out 50+ feet of the forest trees as well. If your going to do it do it right!

·
2,306 Posts
Road Atlanta..........never had so much fun before with my pants on.:laughing:
first session, bike stalled on the grid.....had to get my son out to help me bump start it.....by then everyone was gone
the marshal asked me if I wanted to wait for the group to come around or if I wanted to go.....
What the heck, I just go on my own..........damn the first 2 laps were frightening having never been there before....
After that I loved the place......blind turns....elevation changes....long back straight....gravity cavity.....WOW

·
#40 expert
780 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
no one is giving a metric for why you choose one track over another. BFR will go up for me once T2 offers more room to crash. T5 and T2 will still be a problem. They are not doing anything yet to T5 nor are they pushing T2 far enough back.

·
Registered
14,160 Posts
Love thunderhill for the blind corners headign of the hills. Lots of run off and great weater in Cali.

VIR........Nothing really need to be said if you have been there. Puts any of out local tracks to shame. A great track or should I say tracks. Sotuh course, north course, patriot course......... you get the picture. Great mix of high speed stuf and slow and technical stuff. Love Oak tree turn on the south course. Also the last half of the North course seperate the men from the boys.

Road Atlanta has been dumbed down alot. Gravity cavity is gone, last corner is changed and the chicane was put in in the turn 3/4 area. Another track where you need to connect the dots perfectly in a couple of corners or else you loose alot of time.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.