Chicagoland Sportbike Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
747 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got a new radiator to replace my leaky one and I'm going to swap it out. Took at look at the service manual and it seems pretty straightforward but I thought I'd ask if there was anything I should know about from someone who's done it before - thanks!

·
Banned
3,495 Posts
I had ot lift mine off the mounts ot gain access to my spark plugs and ot install my exhaust headers. I'm pretty good at getting it off now. Looks pretty simple ot me.

I guess you would just 1) disconnect the radiator fan wiring harness. 2) Remove one of the lower hoses and drain the coolant from the radiator, 3) remove the mounting bolt(s), 4) remove the remaining hoses, 5) rinse out the new radiator to remove and dust or debris. 6) take off the fan and the sensor off the old radiator and transfer to the new one. 7) connect all hoses, wiring harness, 8) mount 9) fill with coolant of choice. 10) bleed the system by running the engine and reving it several times then topping off the coolant level.

THe most important thing is to be very careful not to to bend the fins. Good luck. The job is probably much easier wiht two people a cool Fall or Spring afternoon, and a case of beer.... like any project.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts