Chicagoland Sportbike Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3,451 Posts
Great photos! I would love to know more about them...When was this? Was it one of the AMA Vintage series rounds or an All Star round with vintage classes?...Did you race?
That track is one of the old classic tracks that ran both local and National races back in the 70's... A true cushion that you could practically run full throttle all the way around...kind of like Elkhorn Wisconsin...Elkhorn will be back again in 2013, BTW...As I recall Bart Markel won there often as did the Ohio/Pennsyvania boys like Bill Eves and Scott Drake on their BSA's...Somewhere in my archives I have a picture of Bart in turn 4 where you can see the same view of the grandstand and it says York Fair on the side. I wonder if the sign in your shot is fresher paint?...I'd lay odds it isn't!

·
Obsessed and Deranged
4,629 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
i didnt go, my friend from eastern PA who gets to go to all the cool stuff takes photos and sometimes i steal a few and post em up here, i was suprised to see the turn of the century bikes out on the track slidin

·
Registered
3,451 Posts
Those old board trackers are raced at Davenport Iowa every Labor Day weekend at the AMCA (Antique club) meet. They actually put on a good show and have been very popular. It was only a matter of time before other races started running them! I saw a couple bikes that were 100 and 99 years old at Davenport this year.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.