Chicagoland Sportbike Forums banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Fast Old Fart on a Bike
1,069 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had a tough year, hip got realy bad in January, so haven't been able to ride a much as I wanted. Finally had the hip replacement done on Oct 18th, and can get back in the cage. Should be able to ride in another 4 weeks, but the season is probably over. Oh, well, at lewat I'll be able to ride pain free next year.
Did the Gap trip in May, did lots of mountain miles, but was in pain all the time. It was still worth it.

·
OBAMA FTW!!!!1!
3,597 Posts
Heal up quick and see you on the road next season :cheers:

Edit: Looking to get back on 2 wheels next season myself :)

·
Model citizen
9,949 Posts
I never really got my rythym this year either. Didn't get to ride anywhere near as much as I wanted to. Totalled my old bike in May. Spent the next few months getting a new bike and trying to get it up to par. Too many weekends spent working on her.

Once I finally get it up and going where I want it. I get stuck with a bunch of personal stuff that got in the way of riding.

Looking forward to next year. Gonna hit the ground running early on. Hopefully with nothing holding me back :)

·
Human lawn dart
5,696 Posts
Couldn't ride all summer. My new son kept me away from the bike. Next year it's on again though

·
Registered
2,458 Posts
I never really got my rythym this year either. Didn't get to ride anywhere near as much as I wanted to. Totalled my old bike in May. Spent the next few months getting a new bike and trying to get it up to par. Too many weekends spent working on her.

Once I finally get it up and going where I want it. I get stuck with a bunch of personal stuff that got in the way of riding.

Looking forward to next year. Gonna hit the ground running early on. Hopefully with nothing holding me back :)
get on the track its so much more satisfying.....i din't do too much street riding this year either other than my trip to the gap......but the 6 track days I did more than made up for it.

·
Grid Marshall. ,
26,896 Posts
YOU GOT THAT RIGHT!!!!

My brother is playing baseball down in Tennessee in the spring...thinking about heading down there for a game or two and the super twisties!!! You want in?

·
Model citizen
9,949 Posts
get on the track its so much more satisfying.....i din't do too much street riding this year either other than my trip to the gap......but the 6 track days I did more than made up for it.
My plan is to get out to at least one track day next year. I could never give up street riding though. I don't ride on the street to get my speed fix necessarily. Ask anyone, I'm slow as balls :laughing:

But seriously. I just like being out on a bike on a nice day. Middle of nowhere with good people. Clears my head and makes you not think about anything else.

·
U-P-G-R-A-Y-E-D-D
11,055 Posts
I might not be able to ride next year, have to wait and see.

lol, we will see if I have a house, you keep tempting me with rides and I get tempted to call boss up and say, foook uuuuuu, I out. (rev up bike to high rev)

and let that be my 2 minute notice.

I need new job.

·
Model citizen
9,949 Posts
YOU GOT THAT RIGHT!!!!

My brother is playing baseball down in Tennessee in the spring...thinking about heading down there for a game or two and the super twisties!!! You want in?
Abso-fucking-lutely. I already did a little route planning for a 4 or 5 day Gap trip. Can easily make a trip out of it to see your bro

·
Banned
17,285 Posts
I think i've lost..that riding feeling.... and now it's gone, aaaall gone.. whooooa whoa whoa....

Didn't ride much this year, and no, i'm not part of the gimp crew, just haven't really gotten the urge. It's either long trips or nothing at all for me now. I think it's cruiser time...

·
Registered
627 Posts
I haven't been riding as much as I would like to- spend to much time on fixing it. Hopefully I will be able to sell this one and buy something newer for next season.

·
Registered
4,725 Posts
YOU GOT THAT RIGHT!!!!

count me and D down for that trip too. we were planning to visit the area this fall, but with the holidays only weeks away, it aint gonna happen this year.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.