Chicagoland Sportbike Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
19,186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got myself a nice MEC reloader, and a ton of AA cases. Anyone got a good recipe for trap loads?

·
Premium Member
45,956 Posts
Buy a dirt bike

·
Registered
19,186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

·
Premium Member
45,956 Posts
It saves you money on reloads since you wont be shooting

·
Registered
19,186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

·
Premium Member
45,956 Posts
Thats right, i forgot, your accident prone :laughing

·
Registered
19,186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
ha...ha...ha.....why do I keep coming back here again?:flip

·
Your friendly Crazy Canuk
12,731 Posts
Brian....why the hell do you want to reload shotgun shells:confused You would have to shoot 10 to 20 THOUSAND shells a year to make it worth while. AA by the case is dirt cheap $89 for 250 rounds. You can reload cheaper than 90 cents a shell:confused

·
Registered
19,186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Brian....why the hell do you want to reload shotgun shells:confused You would have to shoot 10 to 20 THOUSAND shells a year to make it worth while. AA by the case is dirt cheap $89 for 250 rounds. You can reload cheaper than 90 cents a shell:confused
I'm thinking I can reload for around .40-.50 a shell when I run the numbers. Plus I'm getting the ability to adjust for exactly what I want. Sure you can get cheap rounds $40 for 250, but The way I see it I can make AA quality rounds at cheap prices. And yes, I am shooting a lot these days

·
Old Squid on a Blade
9,388 Posts
Brian, you can get in for even less. It's still a pain in the ass. AA's die fast too. After a couple reloads you are no better off and normally worse off than cheap bulk ammo. The crimp goes pretty fast and you get inconsistant pressure. Remington STS shells are much better for reloading. I finally threw out garbage bags full of old AA and Remi shells last year. Sorry. I put a torch to a few pounds of powder too just to get rid of it. ;)

The hard core trap boys at the club tended to reload shells for when they moved back. Some of those suckers were rather hot... My $.02 is to only reload hot rounds and to use elcheapo for normal use. I did the same for Sporting Clays. I had some hot 1.25oz 7.5s for long shots. Even then you can get express upland rounds that do about the same. Otherwise, it isn't worth your time unless you enjoy it. If you are shooting a lot, see if you can round up some boys and get a skid price vs. a case.

Oh, I used a Hornady so I'm not sure if my old mixes will do you any good.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts