Chicagoland Sportbike Forums banner
1 - 20 of 49 Posts
5,593 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
1978 1200 jota.
Has not run in 30yrs the plate says 82'

Picked it up this evening spayed it with WD40 and put oil in the cyl.

After a few attempts the motor turned over using the rear wheel in top gear.
she will sit with oil in the cyl. until the carbs and such are done.

the bike shows 7k miles with original paint and tires.
Can you say SCORE.

Seems the mice sayed in their old hood.

Stay tuned.

Nicks SV comes first but this will keep us busy forsure.
happy holidays

5,593 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
One more thing.
Does any one have Lavarda insight?

· PIKUACH NEFESH
6,880 Posts
I think you are going to have your hands full for a couple of winters . I assume you are only doing a mechanical restoration ?

5,593 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I avoid the term restoration as I'm not a purest.
I'll scrub the hell out of it paint the ugly stuff and fix all the things needed to make it go.

I wont paint the body work but I'm sure it will clean up nicely

· Registered
3,451 Posts
PM me your email address and I'll put it on the ChiVinMoto list. There are a few Laverda afficianados on that list that will get back to you, I'm sure.

5,593 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
Still in throws of weather this fella will foot the build price or make me buy it.

I've found the motor spins just fine.

In the end I'll either spend 1k on parts or make 2K on the service.

5,593 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Mr Hartman Mr Hartman.....

4,961 Posts
Cool. That could be a really nice looking bike, I dig the shape of the tank and tail.

There was a 90s era Laverda sportbike of some variety abandoned for years in the parking garage of the apartment complex my mom used to manage. It still had European license plates on it like someone brought it over here but couldn't get it plated so they just gave up on it. She wanted me to come get it out of there but it disappeared before I got to it. Not sure what the hell I'd have done with it anyways.

Speaking of motorcycles that I don't have much use for, do you have any interest in an 84 XT600 that is somewhat of a heap of shit? It ran a few years ago but has been sitting for probably 3 years. The whole thing probably needs to be gone through, it pissed most of its oil out onto my garage floor while sitting, and the rear shock is junk and non-rebuildable. It has a title though and as far as I know the motor is solid other than the leaks. I ran out of room in the garage so it has been relocated outdoors and it's really going to turn to shit sitting out there. I don't have time to fix it up to selling condition and I'd probably rather just give it to you than see it turn to junk.

5,593 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Thanks Ryan for the offer but I'm all filled up with projects.
I could use some help Friday night though.

· Registered
12,322 Posts
Thanks Ryan for the offer but I'm all filled up with projects.
I could use some help Friday night though.
Lol! Define "help"

Ryan has a pink thong he busted out at the camp fire in Michigan he could "help" you out with.

5,593 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
You've been helping me for years sweetheart.

1 - 20 of 49 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.