Chicagoland Sportbike Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
YO MAMA
60,258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
fizzer mostly for you....i am free monday after noon and up....if you can make it let me know. meet over here by me at a highschool that is large and empty

mikey if you wanna come too..all the better;)

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
Let me know when this is going to happen. I would be up for it. The last one was fun and I learned a lot.

Doc

·
YO MAMA
60,258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
hopefully if you guys can make it by 6:30pm (or earlyier or later) monday at the gas city in romeoville that should give us enough time for this.

if not let me know if you guys need later...i just would like to do it in somewhat of daylight still.

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
Monday is out for me, but don't not go on account of me. I just want Ryan to be riding legally.

Doc

·
YO MAMA
60,258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
like you need lessons doc:rolleyes
you and cherry were holding pretty good behind me on our track day:laughing , well.....untill i cranked it a touch more:laughing

but never the less bro, ill teach what i know:thumbsup

·
4,985 Posts
Traffic's been kinda f'ed on 55 lately but I should be there by 6:30 if I'm not it's because of traffic but I will definately show up. Thanks Ken, I really appreciate it.

-Ryan

·
I can make my bike lean!
356 Posts
Why not do this at the DMV when they are closed? The two I know of have the course painted on the ground, that way it should be real easy doing it since you know exactly what moronic swerve o' rama you have to do to pass. Unless Ken is doing the slow speed stoppie course too:evil

·
4,985 Posts
YZFRabbit said:
Why not do this at the DMV when they are closed? The two I know of have the course painted on the ground, that way it should be real easy doing it since you know exactly what moronic swerve o' rama you have to do to pass. Unless Ken is doing the slow speed stoppie course too:evil
That's not a bad idea but the only one that I know of that you can actually go and practice without getting hassled by bored local police is the one in Midlothian, kinda incovenient for everone. The instructor actually told me I should come back when they're closed and practice. After Ken's lessons I plan on going there and riding that silly course over and over until I can do it in my sleep so I know for sure I'll pass next time and not stand in line for 4 hours for nothing, cursing the model of inefficiency that our DMV is. :twofinger

-Ryan

·
YO MAMA
60,258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
theres 1 here on jefferson and larkin. (just a few blocks from it) but theres cars going threw there (its in a mall)

i need to teach with no hassles or cars flying by.

ill wait for you fizzer if your a few minutes late.

ill bing some shit to go around.

ill go measure the cones distance i hope on monday during the day;)

·
M109R
562 Posts
There is one on North ave at Mannheim rd, don't think the locals will bother you at all. If you go there let me know.... if its on a weekend. Starting july 1st my work hours are changed to 2nd shift so i will be riding weekends and mornings

·
Tgf Og
9,851 Posts
here is another helpful hint, the corse set up at the elgin dmv is the biggest one i've seen, i took the test in woodstock and theres was tight and tiny the next day i went over to elgins and checked it out, i could have passed that one on a boss hoss!!!:helmet

·
YO MAMA
60,258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
the gas city in romeoville, hwy55 and weber rd..meet between 6:30 and 7:00 and then we'll go to the location

·
Registered
563 Posts
Odysseys said:
so whos comming to this?
I think I can manage to ride 3 minutes from my house....:laughing

·
Registered
563 Posts
Michael said:

like i said .. i'm gonna try to make it .. i'll get home, grab the bike and head out .. if 55 looks like shit, and i don't think i'll make it, i'm just gonna turn around .. we'll see .. i'll have like 2.5 hrs to get there :confused
Maybe need to take RT 53 to Caton Farm RD West ?? 55 is a little slower lately due to construction work........again

·
Registered
19,186 Posts
Odysseys said:
if you guys wanna not do this today its ok...i know its hot.

just let me know
Were's the school Ken? (PM me directions) If you guys still do this I'll come after I go to the gym.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts