Chicagoland Sportbike Forums banner
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
479 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I logged 493miles for the day. Glad to see you all there. It could have been a better day, but not bad at all. It started out late, and with an early police stop. Luckily Tim looks like an old man, cause the Officer let him off with a warning. Good thing since it would have been his 3rd in a month.

Brian and Anna: What time did you both get back? We hightailed it, and I still missed the Sopranos. Anna sorry about all of the testosterone, but I am sure you must be fairly used to it. I am still getting over the fart contest at the Italian place. :rofl

The ride was nice (we need a new route). I always tell myself that I am going to behave, but when Layno comes into the picture, it becomes a throttle fest. We did the stagecoach (once
:( ), and headed north from Galena. A few of us did a nice run down 52 south of dubuque (sp). There are a few beautifully open places for some high speed fun. I will resize some pics this afternoon. J

G

·
J-man..

Nice Ride.. I logged 578 miles myself.. Stopped off to see my brother and wouldnt ya know it nobody home.. Back roads and bug fest again.. I gotta learn how to keep up...

was nice riding with yall..

·
Everybody to the Limit
469 Posts
Great Time

What a great bunch to ride with!! I had a blast. I think Brian had passersby in Galena convinced he was gay. What a lisp! I'm still laughing just thinking about it.
Scenery was nice where I was going slow enough to enjoy it. Food was yummy. Roads not bad to very good. Just wish I had enough brains to bring a clear face shield so I didn't need to split early. Steve and I really tore up Stagecoach trail on the way home though. All in all, considering I only got hit with about three short jokes, it was a great day. Why do people pick on us vertically challenged folk?

·
Registered
528 Posts
The ride definitely made the weekend complete. The weather finally got around to cooperating, the scenery was excellent (as per usual in that area), and the company couldn't have been better. Thanks for a great time. Now time to clean the bugs off and get ready for the next one!! Look forward to seein ya'll at Strats Tuesday night if it doesn't rain (crossing my fingers).

·
Registered
479 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
We had a wet start, but my wife cam out to see us off anyway.

·
Registered
479 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
My boys wanted to come with. The MotoBeagle was planning an escape route.

·
Registered
479 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
We made our stop in Galena. I love that town. Lot of history there. All of you touring people should do a jaunt through the Galena Territory. Very nice.

·
Registered
479 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
The lunch stop. Great group. I hope we have many more rides together.

·
Registered
479 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
This is Steven and Layne. Steven is young and stupid. He drives a 12, and has more balls than common sense. We like Steve a lot, so we are going to get him on a track so his knowledge can catch up.

The other guy is Layne. He is crazy too, but he has skills. Mad skills. I love riding with Layne, but my common sense goes out the window when we hook up. I tell myself that I am going to remain cool, and enjoy the scenery, but Layne comes around I say F it. Layne, You da man.

·
Registered
479 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Last, and least. This is Ron (Jeremy), Nik (Big boy), and Tim (redbird) peeking through. Glad you all came out, and I am looking forward to the next one. Ron, thanks for letting me try out the Busa. You got a sweet bike, but adjust that preload, it ain't a Goldwing.:thumbsup

PS You were doing just fine keepin up.

·
Registered
479 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
We are planning a ride up to Door County Wisc. along the lake. I will post it. See you at Strats. J

·
Everybody to the Limit
469 Posts
Nice pix. I hope everyone else that took pix will share them. Count me in for Door County.

·
Registered
5,129 Posts
Motobeagle said:
Brian and Anna: What time did you both get back? We hightailed it, and I still missed the Sopranos. Anna sorry about all of the testosterone, but I am sure you must be fairly used to it. I am still getting over the fart contest at the Italian place. :rofl
It was a good ride and a nice day considering it started with rain. I'm pretty used to riding with guys, have seen and heard everything but the farting contest I could have done without. That just shows you guys are a bunch of old married farts :laughing

I know some nice roads in that area too, maybe next time we can put a route together.

We got in around 9:30Pm I think. Took 30 to 39 to 64 all the way home. The bugs were nice and juicy :D

G

·
Re: Re: River ride

VIVID1 said:
It was a good ride and a nice day considering it started with rain. I'm pretty used to riding with guys, have seen and heard everything but the farting contest I could have done without. That just shows you guys are a bunch of old married farts :laughing

I know some nice roads in that area too, maybe next time we can put a route together.

We got in around 9:30Pm I think. Took 30 to 39 to 64 all the way home. The bugs were nice and juicy :D

I might be an old fart but I am not a Maaaaaaa Maaaaaa Married... damn was hard to get that out.. old fart..

1 - 20 of 39 Posts