Chicagoland Sportbike Forums banner
1 - 20 of 160 Posts

·
I'm mad bro
3,088 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Whats up with road bikes. I dont know much about what to look for, but thinking about adding a carbon road bike to my collection. I'm probably going to be using it mostly for training and group rides. Would prefer used but new isn't out of the question. Lets say 3500 budget if new but would prefer to not go that high unless needed. Specialized Roubaix looks good but what others should i be looking at?

·
Registered
9,337 Posts
Felt, Giant, BMC Canondale, Scott are some of the many other brands.

Why Carbon, to be a baller? There are many bikes still made from ALU that are light and capable.

Components go no lower then Shimano 105 or the Sram Apex is it?

If looking for Felt or Giant, I have someone that can hook you UP.. See Jeresy I have been wearing to CX races.:laughing:

·
I'm mad bro
3,088 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Brands i know somewhat, which models though? Theres the super race oriented bikes and geometry and then theres the less race oriented. Dont know what i should be looking for within those groups. Carbon for light weight and compliance, and to be a baller. I have no issues with felt or giant, Josh hooking it up?

·
I'm mad bro
3,088 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Great advice as usual ken :laughing:
Want list
Carbon frame that isnt a torture rack
Good wheels
Acceptable components that could be upgraded later

·
Registered
9,337 Posts

·
I'm mad bro
3,088 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
My enthusiasm for economic stimulus is falling :laughing:

I want to stick to used bikes in the 1-2k range. Just missed out on a 2010 Specialized Tarmac Elite with 105 listed for 1k, wouldn't mind coming across something like that again

·
2,306 Posts
My enthusiasm for economic stimulus is falling :laughing:

I want to stick to used bikes in the 1-2k range. Just missed out on a 2010 Specialized Tarmac Elite with 105 listed for 1k, wouldn't mind coming across something like that again
Did you quit working? Get back to work, I need more SS money....:lmao:

1 - 20 of 160 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.