Chicagoland Sportbike Forums banner
1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
Banned
3,495 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was at a little BBQ this weekend with some of Will's friends. One of the hosts had a little Honda crusiser. A VRX I think. Super low seat. A little small, but he had some nice pipes with perfect baffleing. Nice sound without being too loud. IT really was fun to ride.

It was a lot more fun than I expected. Very relaxing and comfortable. It gave me the other half of what I enjoy about riding. The freedom and it still had descent power for zipping around town. The thing even shifted smoother.

Wiht all of the accidents we've had lately, 2 tickets I've gotten this year and I'm getting fast enough on the track that the street is becomming even more pointless, I'm seiously considering pickign up a crusier and making the F4i a full time track whore.

I'd like ot test ride one of the big crusisers first. I'll stick with Big Red..... I'm thinking a Shadow, or maybe the best of both worlds and get a Magna.

I could still hang out in the middle on a group ride and scrape some floor boards.:twofinger :laughing

What do you guys think?:confused

·
Premium Member
45,956 Posts
Well if it was a vtx than it was bigger than any of the shadows. VTX is nice but Valkyrie is my favorite in the honda line up. Valk has much smoother acceleration and does better wheelies :D :D

·
BEER!
5,970 Posts
I think he was riding a VLX. No tach, 600cc, 25 in seat.

The magna may be your best ride, but it doesn't have a V-Twin. It does, however, make good power and torque with a lighter bike. In a recent 'power cruiser' showdown from motorcycle cruiser magazine, it held it's own. You'll have to do some shopping to find the cool colors though, last several years have only offered black. Luckily cycletrader.com typically has 4 or 5 for sale in this area, typically under $6000. Honda also has the 1300 VTX coming out. Like the BIG VTX, but a hundred pounds lighter.

I've been interested in checking out my buddy's new Vulcan 800. My only cruiser experience is the Maxim. Tried to take the maximout this weekend, but I only had an hour to ride, so I took it around the block, said 'screw it' and hopped on Pokey! :)

Chris

·
Evil Moderatrix,
8,030 Posts
Next time we're out, you should ride the Rod.

·
Who's faster Lupi
4,957 Posts
I hear ya CHerry. Much different feeling on a cruiser huh. And yes ya gota check out Kimmy's Rod.:D

·
Everybody to the Limit
469 Posts
I'm with Cherrypicker. I have found it just too damn dangerous to ride fast enough to get a thrill on the street. I am leaning towards a big cruiser and then going racing with some other bike.
I bought the ZX-12 and modded it so I was untouchable around here. Know what? Nobody cares!!! Nobody wants to race (not that I like to street race). Everyone pretty much figures "yeah, it's fast. So what". Therefore, I'm shopping the cruisers. See ya at the races.

·
Tgf Og
9,851 Posts
Im not getting rid of my 9 but with each trackday i loose the interest to tare up the streets! maybe ill become a poser!!:laughing

·
BEER!
5,970 Posts
JimGoFast said:
Im not getting rid of my 9 but with each trackday i loose the interest to tare up the streets! maybe ill become a poser!!:laughing
I hear ya! While my skill set currently doesn't allow me to tear it up (wait 'til next year), I try not to open her up (top speed) while riding on the streets, and certainly not on big name streets here.
I try to get THAT fix from the front straight of the track.

Tickets=$=less track time= :(

There's a good chance that I'll eventually get a cruiser, but my next bike will probably be some naked street bike. I really like the naked bikes and I'm bummed Europe has all the cool, smaller naked bikes (like the Hornet and FZRs). At least there's the speed four and SV650 :D

Chris

G

·
Cherry...

In what ever you do just have fun with it..

I dont have to worry about being board with the street.. I dont ride fast enough to out ride my bikes capability..

·
Registered
18,885 Posts
Cherry...don't do it....be strong...

I was pondering the same thought earlier this year. Buy something for the street that you can grow into as a track bike in a couple years.

At least that's what I did....

It's no fun riding around town with the boys and all of a sudden you are 2 miles behind

·
Registered
19,186 Posts
Kruz said:

It's no fun riding around town with the boys and all of a sudden you are 2 miles behind
What would you know about riding around on the street with the boys:confused :confused :confused :laughing :laughing :evil

·
Evil Moderatrix,
8,030 Posts
You are way too young to want a cruiser already!!!!!!!!!!!!
I'm not EVEN gonna go there... No, wait - I already WAS!:evil

He should buy a cruiser now. Next step is to buy a full-dress touring bike when he's 29, start practicing low-speed maneuvers with the Shriners on Tuesday nights and really learn how to throw it around!

·
Registered
19,186 Posts
GautamCity said:
would you like some prunes to go with your cruiser, sir?:twofinger

He'll stop and pick the pruins while he's waiting for you to catch up to him.:D :D :D :laughing :laughing :laughing

·
Evil Moderatrix,
8,030 Posts
At least he'll have someplace to carry them!

Having a bagger makes you very popular when other people need someone to carry their sh*t.

·
Tgf Og
9,851 Posts
KBOlsen said:
on Tuesday nights and really learn how to throw it around!
Yeah then 3 months later it falls off! :rofl

·
Evil Moderatrix,
8,030 Posts
Jim...

Two words: "Spare Pants"

·
Registered
2,074 Posts
Crazy said:

He'll stop and pick the pruins while he's waiting for you to catch up to him.:D :D :D :laughing :laughing :laughing

OUCH!
well, you win this round....cuz i know i'm slooooooooooow
i gotta get out and ride more:twofinger

·
Registered
19,186 Posts
KBOlsen said:
Jim...

Two words: "Spare Pants"
Note to self: always wear clean underwear around Kim.:D :laughing :laughing

1 - 20 of 60 Posts