Chicagoland Sportbike Forums banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Please attend carefully..
2,625 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
According to a new book by Ronald Kessler The Terrorist Watch: Inside the Desperate Race to Stop the Next Attack, Saddam Hussein admitted that he faked having WMDs in order to deter an attack by Iran. This is based on interviews with George Piro, an Arabic speaking FBI agent who debriefed Saddam Hussein after his capture.

http://www.newsmax.com/kessler/terror_watch/2007/11/12/48741.html

·
Moderator,
23,638 Posts
When the US attacked he must have said the biggest "D'OH!" in history.

·
Irony helps us play!
29,500 Posts
When the US attacked he must have said the biggest "D'OH!" in history.
He knew we were coming anyways, whatever the reason. We changed the reasons anyway when it became politically convenient. Low Sulfur crude and billions in contracts FTW!

·
Registered
5,837 Posts
Yep, I heard about this on 60mins too. Saddam was afraid of Iran attacking. I have a feeling this is another scare tactic to get us into Iran.
"Iran is so scary that even Saddam was worried about them!" "Oh no, we better send our troops there too":wtf:

Under200

·
-= OuterSpace =-
3,513 Posts
Are you guys being sympathetic toward Saddam?

With him being dead there is one less asshole on the planet. I do believe we have been in way too long, but after 911, I'm sure glad someone paid for it. If we would of sat back and did nothing I'm sure there would be a million people bitching about that as well and there would be still a psychopathic killer running a third world county with the ability to cause more damage than good to this world.

·
Moderator,
23,638 Posts
Hell no! He was a tyrant and a murderer who terrorized his nation, gassed his own people, and let his sons do unspeakable things to their citizens.

I just find humor in the fact that he kept up the WMD thing to scare Iran, which in turn gave our country an excuse to invade.

·
Irony helps us play!
29,500 Posts

With him being dead there is one less asshole on the planet. I do believe we have been in way too long, but after 911, I'm sure glad someone paid for it. If we would of sat back and did nothing I'm sure there would be a million people bitching about that as well and there would be still a psychopathic killer running a third world county with the ability to cause more damage than good to this world.
No one is sympathetic towards that man. Sympathetic towards the people in the country and what they've endured since Spring of 2003 (and even prior), yes.

·
-= OuterSpace =-
3,513 Posts
ok, glad you guys cleared that up. :laughing:

·
Irony helps us play!
29,500 Posts
ok, glad you guys cleared that up. :laughing:
Let's put this another way:

If one man is the problem, one bullet is the solution. If it really was about the one guy, our troops would all be home for the holidays spending them with their families.

·
Registered
12,530 Posts

the terrorists were almost all from saudi arabia... not a single one was from iraq.
if this was about 9/11 george needs to buy a globe

·
The Victim Newbie
7,384 Posts
the terrorists were almost all from saudi arabia... not a single one was from iraq.
but saudi arabia is our friend. we saved them in the 90's from iraq. wait before that Iraq was our friend, when we needed help against iran, now iran is the enemy, and iraq is what again?

in my very uneducated opinion, arch hit it on the head. oil and gov't contracts.

·
You got the talkin' done
15,710 Posts
Its all Saddam's fault that Iran has a nuke program. If it wasn't for him and all his trickery, we wouldn't be in this spot. :laughing:

lets turn Iraq over to Turkey and invade Iran! :laughing:

·
You got the talkin' done
15,710 Posts
jrock has my vote!
JROCK for President. :cheers:

I suck at titles, but ...

Dnova - Fed Reserve Chairman
HDTony - sec of defense
Arch - sec of state
Rob - Attorney General

Mao, Vcook, Bug are you guys in? What position do you want? I need a supreme court too.

·
Registered
5,837 Posts
Its all Saddam's fault that Iran has a nuke program. If it wasn't for him and all his trickery, we wouldn't be in this spot. :laughing:

lets turn Iraq over to Turkey and invade Iran! :laughing:
Actually it is all our fault that Iran has a nuke problem. We backed Saddam in the Iraq/Iran war. Back then Saddam had the big guns behind him......US.

Under200

·
You got the talkin' done
15,710 Posts
Actually it is all our fault that Iran has a nuke problem. We backed Saddam in the Iraq/Iran war. Back then Saddam had the big guns behind him......US.

Under200
We backed both.

·
-= OuterSpace =-
3,513 Posts
Al Qaeda were in Iraq and still are. Al Qaeda attacked the US more than once. Back in 1993 if you remember there was the World Trade Center bombing.

Here are some things for you to ponder on. 911 & Iraq go hand in hand, IMO.

* Abdul Rahman Yasin was the only member of the al Qaeda cell that detonated the 1993 World Trade Center bomb to remain at large in the Clinton years. He fled to Iraq. U.S. forces recently discovered a cache of documents in Tikrit, Saddam's hometown, that show that Iraq gave Mr. Yasin both a house and monthly salary.

* Bin Laden met at least eight times with officers of Iraq's Special Security Organization, a secret police agency run by Saddam's son Qusay, and met with officials from Saddam's mukhabarat, its external intelligence service, according to intelligence made public by Secretary of State Colin Powell, who was speaking before the United Nations Security Council on February 6, 2003.

* Sudanese intelligence officials told me that their agents had observed meetings between Iraqi intelligence agents and bin Laden starting in 1994, when bin Laden lived in Khartoum.

* Bin Laden met the director of the Iraqi mukhabarat in 1996 in Khartoum, according to Mr. Powell.

* An al Qaeda operative now held by the U.S. confessed that in the mid-1990s, bin Laden had forged an agreement with Saddam's men to cease all terrorist activities against the Iraqi dictator, Mr. Powell told the United Nations.

* In 1999 the Guardian, a British newspaper, reported that Farouk Hijazi, a senior officer in Iraq's mukhabarat, had journeyed deep into the icy mountains near Kandahar, Afghanistan, in December 1998 to meet with al Qaeda men. Mr. Hijazi is "thought to have offered bin Laden asylum in Iraq," the Guardian reported.

* In October 2000, another Iraqi intelligence operative, Salah Suleiman, was arrested near the Afghan border by Pakistani authorities, according to Jane's Foreign Report, a respected international newsletter. Jane's reported that Suleiman was shuttling between Iraqi intelligence and Ayman al Zawahiri, now al Qaeda's No. 2 man.

* etc..etc...etc...

There is much more on the Al Qaeda with connections to Iraq here. If you care to read.

http://www.techcentralstation.com/092503F.html

1 - 20 of 30 Posts