Chicagoland Sportbike Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,724 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I wanna head into indiana do a scout ride.
Plan on taking 30 through valporaiso then south towards Lake scheafer http://www.indianabeach.com Its not that far, only about two hours. No further than going from gas city to kettle morraine.

maybe head towards/into lafayette if time permits. (i doubt it)
I want to be back by dark also. we'll see who shows up.

Time 9 am at GAS CITY i figure meet south since going south.
If you want to meet at Streets of woodfield at 8 that is cool let me know.
It will be safe and sane, except maybe a speed burst down a lonely country roads. Plan on u turn or circling around checking roads occasionally, although roads are pretty strait and its a matter of picking the route. But time to head somewhere different.

·
Registered
1,724 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks ODY.
I plan on going inside, Indiana beach amusement park to maybe ride a couple lame ass rides or feed the fish. Its hillarious, buy a bag of popcorn dump it in the lake and see 100's of fish go nuts.:rolleyes

·
Banned
3,495 Posts
I mgiht go depending on what my palns are. I might not replace my rear tire unitl Monday, so I'll have some rubber ot burn.:helmet

·
Registered
1,724 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
OK. I can make another farther south meeting place. Around halsted +294 south. Homewood.

·
Registered
5,002 Posts
Just so you know, trying to take 30 over into Indiana is an awful route until you get past Scherrville(sp?). The are LOTS of lights and traffic. I would suggest you find another route.

If you're possibly going to Layfayette, I would suggest taking 52 across down through Kankakee.

·
Registered
1,724 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
I usually take 41 indy blvd to 52 to go to lafayette. Wanted to do something different. Its not that bad, i'm pretty familiar with the area. I plan on taking rt30 from Torrance Ave in Lansing. Going through Thornton Quarry and forest Preserves.
I am going to find out what traffic is like on Sat 10-11 am.

I doubt if were going to lafayette, more like heading down 49 or 35 to tippicanoe river to monticello.

·
Registered
1,724 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I still plan on doing this. Weather says rain will be up north.

8 Streets of woodfield
9 Gas city
9:45 1st light south of exit halsted+294 mall S.E corner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts