Chicagoland Sportbike Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As you guys well know, i'm lacking in two-wheeled toys which have engines :laughing

I enjoy taking my mountain bike on a 9-mile loop in a forest preserve bike path. I'm unsure of the name of the preserve, but it's off off Bode and Barrington Road.

The path is nice. It has tight twisties and long sweepers as well as nice uphill and downhill sections. Unlike the prairie path, this is a fun 9-mile stretch. The bonus is that you also wind up where you started.

I'll be at the park at 10:30am tomorrow. There are several parking lots. I'm starting at the lot which is almost opposite the TGI Fridays/Lone Star/Steak'n'Shake off of 72 and Barrington. The preserve lot is just south of that intersection and on the west side of Barrington.

So, if any of you squids are interested in some REAL riding :twofinger just meet me there at 10:30am tomorrow (10-5-02). My current pace is averaging about 13.5mph and about 40 minutes for the 9.11-mile loop.

Post here or you can call my cell if you have any questions about where it is (if the directions sounded confusing), etc....630-673-2673

·
Evil Moderatrix,
8,030 Posts
I would consider going, but you would laugh too hard and fall off of your bike.;)

·
YO MAMA
60,258 Posts
martin...what are you doing with my avatar?

for right now i am taking it as a compliment from you using it:laughing

·
Banned
3,495 Posts
Martin, It's tempting ot lay some hurt on you and take you to school on the trails.... but I have ot get my tire changed and do some work on the motorcycle. Plus I need ot change the tires on my MTB. TO top it off it's too far away. Espcially when its forcasted to rain some and the trils are sure ot be muddy from the rain today.

Is that enough excuses for ya.:twofinger

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Odysseys said:
martin...what are you doing with my avatar?

for right now i am taking it as a compliment from you using it:laughing
Well, someone made the comment in another thread that we should all change avatars to someone elses just to mess with people. That's what i did. I was nice however and removed your user name from the avatar, just so it didn't look like i was totally plagiarizing your pic. It could theoretically be me in that photo :laughing ....that would be after i kicked your ass, took your leathers and your bike and ran off to BHF :laughing

1 - 8 of 8 Posts