Chicagoland Sportbike Forums banner
1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Pathological Thrill Seekr
5,196 Posts
What a movie!

Excellent special effects! The plots has some good twists and turns. It will definately keep you involved all the way through. Must See!!

:thumbsup

·
Go Hawks!
3,540 Posts
Semi Spoiler

Saw this over the weekend and maybe someone can put a Spoiler tag on this post.

It was definitely as gory as it gets and there was a couple next to us with a 10 year old.

Spoiler **** Kind of ***

Can someone help me out with the timeline, when did it revert to the past?

·
I miss mopar
8,247 Posts
Saw it this weekend. (no pun intended). It was good. worth seeing

·
Si Vis Pacem Parabellum
11,409 Posts
I'm gonna sound like a pussy here but I have a real problem with movies like Saw and Hostel. I understand the appeal of scary movies but I just find it abnormal for people to enjoy movies that involve gore and torture, I'm pretty sure the world will be worse off if people are desensitized to these things.

My :2cents:, now carry on with the discussion.

·
RIP Ashwin
1,303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Saw this over the weekend and maybe someone can put a Spoiler tag on this post.

It was definitely as gory as it gets and there was a couple next to us with a 10 year old.

Spoiler **** Kind of ***

Can someone help me out with the timeline, when did it revert to the past?
It was constantly reverting to the past to fill in the gaps...did you see the first three movies?

·
Go Hawks!
3,540 Posts
It was constantly reverting to the past to fill in the gaps...did you see the first three movies?
Yes I did but...... spoiler*************

when did you realize the FBI agent was not chasing Jigsaw or his partner in the present. I think at some point I lost the fact the majority of the movie was happening before the opening scene.

·
Banned
6,882 Posts
All of the movie was before the opening scene, they simply showed the very last scene at the end of the movie, so think of it that way.

·
Go Hawks!
3,540 Posts
All of the movie was before the opening scene, they simply showed the very last scene at the end of the movie, so think of it that way.
except when they were way in the past, in fact if you think about it the movie was all over the place and of course a #5 is probably in the works.

When is the last time a series can go 5 installments that is actually worth watching at the theater.

·
Registered
2,495 Posts
I'm gonna sound like a pussy here but I have a real problem with movies like Saw and Hostel. I understand the appeal of scary movies but I just find it abnormal for people to enjoy movies that involve gore and torture, I'm pretty sure the world will be worse off if people are desensitized to these things.

My :2cents:, now carry on with the discussion.

+1
GAG!

·
^That's me
1,514 Posts
I had a girl ask me today to go see it tomorrow night...i better go rent 1-3 tonight..'cause I haven't seen any of them! lol. I heard they are really gory and good plot twists.

·
Pathological Thrill Seekr
5,196 Posts
I had a girl ask me today to go see it tomorrow night...i better go rent 1-3 tonight..'cause I haven't seen any of them! lol. I heard they are really gory and good plot twists.
At least watch 3... That will get you up to speed. :cheers

·
The Benchwarmer
14,574 Posts
the first saw was the best. (arent they always?) the rest are all gore flicks.

at least watch that one.

first hostel was awesome too, second one sucked.

·
Go Hawks!
3,540 Posts
the first saw was the best. (arent they always?) the rest are all gore flicks.

at least watch that one.

first hostel was awesome too, second one sucked.
first one was really good, two guys in a room for 90% of the movie. The sequels have been good because they tie more info back to the previous flicks.

Hostel was okay, I will never think about traveling Europe the same way again. What was with the psyhco kids that did anything for candy?

1 - 20 of 57 Posts