Chicagoland Sportbike Forums banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
3,613 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, so, as most of you know, I'm looking into getting another bike at the moment. I'm not really sure how much I'm going to be able to spend on a new bike, but I'm looking at new and used bikes just for the hell of it.

So, today I was browsing Cycletrader.com and came about this ad: http://adcache.cycletrader.com/5/6/6/30668766.htm

I decided I'd send them a note via the "Contact Us" section on their webpage and see what kind of OTD prices they're offering, being that the ad on Cycletrader sounded pretty good.

The note I sent is as follows:

"Hello, I recently found your advertisement on cycletrader.com regarding 2002 CBR F4i's (http://adcache.cycletrader.com/5/6/6/30668766.htm) and am wondering how great of a difference there is between your sale price and OTD price on these bikes. If you can get back to me with a good deal and have one in red and black, I may be interested in purchasing it. Thank you."

Their response, in an email I received a couple hours later, is as follows:

"you cheap prick buy it elsewhere"

What the fuck is up with that?

·
"PC" ,my balls
1,620 Posts
I wonder if they were kidding or something. I bought my Busa from Chuck Gross up there. The price they had in the Cycle Trader was the real price. He had sold enough of them at that price he knew the tax from memory. I don't remember how much the prep fee was but it wasn't outrageous.

·
3,613 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It certainly didn't seem as if the person who sent the email was kidding. I decided I'd send them an IM and inquire:

thisisntmax (6:44:39 PM): Hello. I just sent a request via the "Contact Us" portion of your website for an OTD price on a 2002 Honda F4i and received a rather harsh reply via email. I was wondering if you might be able to tell me who sent the reply.
Schhonda (6:46:26 PM): im sorry i do not know who sent it but, you can call joe at 847-362-7110 talk to him about any problems you have
thisisntmax (6:46:41 PM): Who's Joe?
Schhonda (6:47:07 PM): joe is the general manager of the store

I haven't called or anything, but, is that Joe's cell phone number or something? It's not the same prefix as the store's, as I'd expect if it were his direct line. Anyhow, maybe I'll call and ask for Chuck next time or something.

·
stuck in 6th gear,
7,631 Posts
wow, that is TOTALLY unexpected from that dealership. Still got the email and all the headers? If we corroborate that it was indeed someone from the dealership, they just lost my business unless they fire that butt nugget's sorry ass.

·
3,613 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ernie said:
wow, that is TOTALLY unexpected from that dealership. Still got the email and all the headers? If we corroborate that it was indeed someone from the dealership, they just lost my business unless they fire that butt nugget's sorry ass.
Yeah, I'm pretty sure it's someone from the dealership. The form on their contact info page seems to have forwarded the information I put in to [email protected]. The subject on the email I received was "Re: Lead from ICS Solutions - Schaumburg_Honda." ICS Solutions is the company that does their website maintenance and hosting and whatever else, I assume. Oh, and I don't have all the headers 'cause I had it sent to my work address--darn.

·
YO MAMA
60,258 Posts
i would call AND BITCH...not only that let them know....youll be BASHING there store to the 300 members on this CHICAGO BASED website..and to the other 1000's of hits it gets a month..not only that..tell them your bashing letter will appear in every log on people see..then tell him to go fuck them selfs...if he is still on the phone.

·
Tgf Og
9,851 Posts
max print that shit out and you and i will go there and talk to them. thats complete bullshit if it was from them. if its from them then they got some splanin to do!!!:mad

·
3,613 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
ROFL, you two are great. The email is definitely in response to the note that I sent them which was sent through the "Contact Us" page on their website. They have it set up to forward to that AOL account and the person who sent it must have had access to their account, so I dunno how it couldn't be someone from the shop. I was going to call and ask to speak to the manager, but I might be out looking at bikes this weekend anyways, so maybe I'll ask about this crap in person. If you all wanna stick up for me and bitch at them, I'd encourage it. :D Jim, if you wanna go down there and kick some ass with me, that's cool, too. ;) :D

·
YO MAMA
60,258 Posts
I say go in there being a nice guy first YET firm...and work it as how you are very disappointed in there actions of representation
and try and see if they make it up to you in $$$$ off a bike...but if they cop an attitude...tell him you'll be back to discuss this further.

Then we storm the place with 100 bikes and then we all stand behind you as you tell them...they just lost all our business and all these guys behind me are gonna slam you to every guy they know!

·
habitual line stepper
3,235 Posts
That's F'd up. They should be kissing your ass. And when they try to blow it off, point out that you're probably not the only person this dickhead has pissed off.

·
Work In Progress...
2,003 Posts
That is wacked!........... One thing I have learned is BITCH when BITCHED at........ You usually Will end winning ... Try it .

·
Who's faster Lupi
4,957 Posts
Raise a stink about it. You have nothing to loose. May help you get the bike you want.

·
Registered
201 Posts
hey I know some big toothless guys to back you max. with me I say we do the group show up thing. oh did I mention the toothless guys could probley buy the entire store cash. you know the unsavory Lexus driving 1000 wat amp having big gun toting kinda guys. see who is a dickhead then.:evil :evil :evil

yes I was a little ummmmm rambuncious as a youth.

they might get us all free bike LOL just kidding but I would come out to support you with all the friends I know wether they ride or not. and I really do know the toothless guys to so pm me if you need help :evil

·
Evil Moderatrix,
8,030 Posts
So what time is the ride to S'burg???

·
Super Moderator,
43,221 Posts
the most disturbing thing is they listed the cbr as the fastest 600. Now that is just plain false advertising.

·
Registered
18,885 Posts
Use that e-mail response as the dealmaker....you should be able to get that F4i for cost after that treatment.

·
Tgf Og
9,851 Posts
Kruz said:
Use that e-mail response as the dealmaker....you should be able to get that F4i for cost after that treatment.
DITTO!!
max lemme know when and im there!

1 - 20 of 34 Posts