Chicagoland Sportbike Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
I miss mopar
8,177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I there is a lot I can do with the 30 gal air compressor I just bought. I'm working what tools do you guys you use a lot?

Here sare some specs
Electric motor features automatic start and stop
Twin-cylinder pump delivers 5.5 SCFM at 90 PSI
Space-saving, 30-gallon vertical tank is ideal for garage and limited-space environments
Designed to channel air over the pump for cooling and offers up to 5,000 hours of extended life
Cast-iron pump for durability
High quality oversized gauges

·
2,306 Posts
impact
air ratchet
die grinder
I would get the drier kit if you plan on painting.
I oil my air tools before every use.
And don't forget to purge the tank often......moisture will kill it faster than you realize.

·
Registered
13,306 Posts
I use it for tires, nailers staplers and also impact for removing wheels. I havent paid for air at a gas station or for tire rotation since I got it 8 years ago.

do not get that springy hose crap. Get a high quality hose and get twice as much as you think youll need.

as noted above - drain it after use. Retrofit a large 1/4 turn handle valve to make it a snap.

·
I miss mopar
8,177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
do not get that springy hose crap. Get a high quality hose and get twice as much as you think youll need.

as noted above - drain it after use. Retrofit a large 1/4 turn handle valve to make it a snap.
Great tips! Got a link or a name of a hose you like?

·
Wisconsin FIB
2,232 Posts
Springy hose sucks, ill second that. Get a nice hose reel, with a long hose. We use them at work, and I love them. I currently have a 20ft hose, and its a bit short. If you spend some time, you can run hard line to the outside corners, then attach a soft line from there. Gives your the benefit of larger diameter, lower loss.

Besides that, I fill tires, blow stuff off, die grinder, impact wrench, and I'm going to buy a high speed drill this winter.

·
2,306 Posts
+1000000000 on the hose....I switched to a 40 ft solid that I can get out to the driveway for tires......also have a couple short extensions if I need them in the yard......beats moving the compressor all the time.....
BTW...I bought some Goodyear hoses from Harbor Freight and they didn't last more than a year.....POS

? Steve...is it an oil less compressor?

Mine is oil less and about 30 years old.....I just rebuilt it with a valve kit and piston kit and now it runs like brand new...67 seconds to fill from zero to 125psi.......I love this thing...I can run 2 roofing nailers at the same time...

·
Registered Abuser
1,583 Posts
Great tips! Got a link or a name of a hose you like?
Anything RUBBER. The polyurethane ones do not roll up well if cold. May be OK if you are using a hose reel, but if coiling it up by hand, they suck.

·
I miss mopar
8,177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
+1000000000 on the hose....I switched to a 40 ft solid that I can get out to the driveway for tires......also have a couple short extensions if I need them in the yard......beats moving the compressor all the time.....
BTW...I bought some Goodyear hoses from Harbor Freight and they didn't last more than a year.....POS

? Steve...is it an oil less compressor?

Mine is oil less and about 30 years old.....I just rebuilt it with a valve kit and piston kit and now it runs like brand new...67 seconds to fill from zero to 125psi.......I love this thing...I can run 2 roofing nailers at the same time...
I went with an oil as it was on sale and getting better reviews than the oil less.

·
2,306 Posts
I went with an oil as it was on sale and getting better reviews than the oil less.
be religious about the oil......will last a long time that way

oh, and when using blow guns.....I found it to be very advantageous to get one with its own regulator......that way if I only want 3psi to fix a small carb, I don't have to dial the whole system down.

1,443 Posts
be religious about the oil......will last a long time that way
A little air tool oil will help your tools last longer, and perform better.

And if you need compressor oil, I can hook you up.

·
Registered
14,160 Posts
Anyone has any links to an air hose reel that has a quality air hose. I do not want a Harbor frieght one and have it crap out on my a year or two later. I would rather pay the extra money and do it once. I am in the middle of rehabbing my garage and this is one of the things I need/want along with an extention cord reel.

·
Registered
9,337 Posts
I have the Harbor freight reel as it was cheap and when the hose does give I line it with other hose I have.

Another word I got the Harbor freight reel only for the reel..

1,443 Posts
Anyone has any links to an air hose reel that has a quality air hose. I do not want a Harbor frieght one and have it crap out on my a year or two later. I would rather pay the extra money and do it once. I am in the middle of rehabbing my garage and this is one of the things I need/want along with an extention cord reel.
I have one I picked up at menards a few years ago,so far so good. Also quick connect fittings are a nice touch.

·
n00b
769 Posts
I'm sure there are better options, but the harbor frieght air hose reel and hose on it actually work pretty well. I've had 2 of them now for 5 years and use them weekly, run the car over them etc and they are just as good now as when I bought them. When purchased on sale and then with a coupon they are significantly cheaper than the next level up.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.