Chicagoland Sportbike Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Banned
3,495 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After being completely frustrated by my Fox's performance, I sent Fox an e-mail this morning. It has too much high speed compression dampening. They called back today and I'm going ot send it to them to be checked out and possibly revalved and or go to a softer spring. The cut off was 180 lbs rider weight for the spring/lalve combination and I told them 190 with gear. I guess I could put 20 lbs in a backpack and see if that is the main problem. Although the measurements Mark and I took indicated that the spring was about right.

I'm happy that they are helping me out. I guess when you tell them you would rather had bought a Penske for $300 more, they really try to hook you up.

I'm not jsut being fussy either. The bike is almost painful to ride over 70 mph on most roads (especially Illinois roads). I'm afraid to even try the shock at BHF. The shock would probalbly work good for a pro racer on a smooth track, but it's just not right for everythign else. They told me that it has the same valving that Steve Creville (Canadian Superbike Champion or soemthing) uses. I'm like ok... whatever. Rides like a rock to me.

Hopefully I can get it back in 3 weeks before BHF. Otherwise I'll just use the stock piece.

·
Registered
117 Posts
(In case you didn't know)

Traxxion Dynamics is now an authorized FOX dealer and service shop and 4&6 in Skokie is an authorized Traxxion dynamics shop, so a=b b=c >a=c, 4&6 may be able to help you out in the future with your FOX shock.

·
Banned
3,495 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I got it back. Works great now. My prmary problem wa sthat I had the preload too low and was getting into the prgessive part of the suspension travel. I didn't realize the rear suspension was progressive.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts