Chicagoland Sportbike Forums banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Banned
3,495 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I guess I'll go ahead and start this.

Things didn't always go smoothly.... to say the least, but the twisty roads they found were incredible. Had a little rain Saturday, but hauled ass through soem sweepers anyway.

Sunday is now #2 on my all time list of best days on a motorcycle. #1 is Phozed's Gratton track day.

The weather was perfect Sunday for a long ride.

14 was too congested to be enjoyable without going 60 mph the whole way. We hopped on I-90 around Madison.
I made it homefrom Madison in under 3 hours. My thumb is still sore from using the turn signal. :D

Looking forward to seeing some pictures.

Ernie, I was going to use first gear through those hairpins on my last run and give you a nice powerslide/wheelie to take a picture of, but everyone had already left. Maybe next time :rolleyes :p

·
stuck in 6th gear,
7,631 Posts
good thing you didn't do that...otherwise you would have run off in the same spot Brian did...

·
Registered
669 Posts
Mike,

Glad you liked or best in the area. Now next summer you all need to plan a ride way the hell north to hwy one. Its up there. Its like four hours north of the cities. On the north shore of lake suppiror, almost in the boundy waters. There is an 11 mile stretch of hwy 1 that is just amazing. Got to be on your toes though. Hardly any run off, and what there is of it has very large boulders hidden under tall grass, that and there are big trees everywhere.

Good to see some of you folks again, some new and old facses. Hope we can keep this tradition going next summer.

In the future though, we need to put a bigger enphsis on saftey. Four get offs was four too many. Ride safe guys and gals.

Nick

·
Registered
227 Posts
Had a great time with you guys saturday....watching everyone get wet :twofinger

I split off sunday. I was thinking to myself.... "Self, twisties in a loaded civic just arent the greatest. What else can i do." Self then said, "Minneapolis is not far away." I asked myself, "Self, WTF is in Minni?" Self replied, "Mall of America you fool." And so i went.....i shopped....i had fun :D Great place. Got some hella funny t-shirts, drank Orange Julius (yummy), and picked up a radar detector with an electronic compass. Have gadget, will travel. All in all, nice weekend :D

·
Registered
59 Posts
I posted a bunch of pictures at SBN. Too lazy to post them again over here right now, so maybe later. I made it home without any trouble at all accept one thing, I am sick now :(

·
BEER!
5,970 Posts

·
3,613 Posts
Re: well????????????

HooliganZX6 said:
So who crashed hmmmmmmmmm?
From the pictures, looks like the guy from Iowa with the 2002 R1 and somebody with that FZR; but, that still leaves two unaccounted for! I'm with Hooli, can we get some more info?!

·
Banned
3,495 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Re: Re: well????????????

maks said:
From the pictures, looks like the guy from Iowa with the 2002 R1 and somebody with that FZR; but, that still leaves two unaccounted for! I'm with Hooli, can we get some more info?!

I'm bad with names

Guy on FZR - Was leading, cold tires+little tiny patch of sand = Lowside in uphill off camber going 30mph... had the bike back upright and on the road before the backmarkers showed up.

Guy on R1 - downhill decreasing radius turn. lost the rear end trail braking, Lowsided at 30-mph. Bike went under guy wires, but was pulled out and running... ummmm still before the backmarkers caught up. :D .... then again the backmarkers never crashed.

Brian - dumped the loaner Daytona in a tight 20mph hairpin. minimal damage.... mostly his pride.

Guy on GSXR600 - I think his name was Scott. He came wiht his best friend from Iowa City. Has a broken collar bone and a concussion. locked up the front end in a straight doing probably 50+mph as they were about to make a U-turn. Not too clear what happened.... nobody really saw it. Must have hit a little rock or sand or something???? Very good rider. I followed him and his buddy led through most of the twisties.

Considering the degree of difficulty of the roads, I'm suprised there weren't more get-offs.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Actaully Brent (R1) said he gave it a bit to much gas trying to shorten his turn and the rear broke loose. He then let off of the gas and the rear then hooked up throwing the bike the other way in a high side.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Sorry to hear about Scott's broken collar bone and the concussion. Glad the other 3 were more minor. Geez, i go shopping and you guys tear shit up. I'm mainly pissed about that beautiful R1 getting scratched :D That thing is way sweeeet.

·
Banned
3,495 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
HondaHirny said:
I'm mainly pissed about that beautiful R1 getting scratched :D That thing is way sweeeet.
The frame sliders did a pretty good job, kept the bike rideable and the high mount never even touched the pavement.

·
Registered
5,129 Posts
I'm glad you guys enjoyed the roads… that's why I don't ride in Illinois anymore :D

As for the accidents, I'm shocked that in one day we had four people go down, but then again… these were some REAL twisties up there.

All in all a good weekend, even with the rain… I shot 94 pictures, so I'll make my way to SBN and post some.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Does anyone know how Scott (sscustoms) is doing? He is the one that crashed pretty hard. Ernie is going to call the S&S customs in the morning. I left a message there tonight, but if anyone else from the ride know him, please let us know.

·
Bring it on!!!!
1,672 Posts
MInnesota

First I want to thank the people who organized this wonderful ride, Anna and anyone else who put in effort, I had an awesome time. I wish I would have been able to stick around on Sunday but I had to be at work Sunday night. I am sorry to here about the guys that went down, especially Scott. I followed him and mat down 60 in Winona and they kicked ass. I also had dinner with those two fellas and they are very competitive, it sucks to here that Scott went down on a B.S. u turn. I made it back by 3:30 that afternoon and I was exhausted, I left with a small hangover ,thanks to Harley Guy, David, and Dimitri , and I think thats what kept me from gettin a speeding ticket somewhere on 90. I really had to go slow. Thaks again and I am in for next time! Oh yeaa, I am sicky to.

Steven
Red 2000 ZX1200r
I figured Gasguzzler was appropriate, you guys made fun enough.

·
Everybody to the Limit
469 Posts
Important info..

Let's get down to the nitty gritty here. Who split a motel room with the chix?

1 - 20 of 33 Posts