Chicagoland Sportbike Forums banner
1 - 20 of 153 Posts

·
Registered
5,129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
September 14-15 Saturday and Sunday

Ok guys. I'm planning another sport touring ride for Illinois, Iowa, Minnesota and Wisconsin. Very much like the one we did in June, but this time we will only ride as far as Winona, MN. We will spend more time riding in MN, hitting some twisties. Then stay the night at a motel in Winona. The next morning we will spend a few hours exploring some roads in MN and across the Mississippi in WI. Then head back down toward Illinois, Iowa. Be prepared to ride ALL day.

There will be meeting spots, one in Illinois, one in Iowa and one in Minnesota. At each spot we will be meeting up with more riders. The pace will be brisk…15-30mph about speed limit depending the roads. We will spend Saturday night eating and drinking and socializing in Winona.

More details and the full ride agenda will follow. Right now I just want to see who is interested in participating.

(The picture is from the ride we had in June)

·
3,613 Posts
Hey, look at that, I made it into every one of those pictures! :D Uhm, anyway, I'd be interested in more details when it gets closer or whenever you plan on figuring things out. Whether I'll go or not, of course, depends on a couple things, mainly whether or not I have a bike. :(

For those who weren't there last time, there are some kickass roads along the way and near Winona. I'd recommend 'em if you can make it. :D

·
Registered Abuser
1,601 Posts
If interrested , we will try to make the loop around on the wisconsin roads this time. there are some good roads on the wisconsin side across from winona.
Hope to see you all again.

Later, Neal

·
Everybody to the Limit
469 Posts
If I have the Green Meany back together by then, I'm in.

·
Registered
980 Posts
Sounds like fun, I'm in and I'll drag at least one other person

·
BEER!
5,970 Posts
Sorry, I'm out :(

Well, I have a wedding to go to that weekend.

If anybody wants to borrow my saddlebags just give me a PM. Several of you have seen them, they are HUGE (40-something liter) and should work on any bike with a rear seat and lo-mount pipe. They'd definately come in handy for somebody.

Chris

·
Registered
5,129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
Once I have the complete count of everyone that wants to go, I will probably split the ride up in to 2 groups..........fast and medium. I'll lead the medium paced group.

Some of the faster guys will have to lead the fast group... any volunteers?

We can all meet up on the way at pre-determined places, like for lunch and rest stops. Or we can just meet up in Winona when we meet up with the MN guys. I think that will work out fine. Big groups don't work well on really long rides. As of right now there is 15+ people going, half from IL/IA and the other half from WI/MN :D

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
if you still have room, I'll check and see if I can make it....(work comflicts :rolleyes ) but I'll let you know ASAP.

edit: dammit! I don't think I'll be able to get that weekend off cause I have a trip all ready planned the weekend before... :(

have a blast. :thumbsup and be careful

·
Slow Poke
1,297 Posts
Sounds like that could be fun. I'm interested in coming. My only concern is that I hope we are stopping and resting often. My butt can only take so much abuse.

·
BEER!
5,970 Posts
loudes13 said:
Sounds like that could be fun. I'm interested in coming. My only concern is that I hope we are stopping and resting often. My butt can only take so much abuse.
The goal is 100 miles between stops. Most of the time it was between 60-80 miles (sometimes a lot sooner). Depends on which group you go with. Anna likes to stop for pictures, pick up more SBN people, jump in rivers :laughing . But you can't go more than 120 miles or so before people start getting nervous about the fuel.

If the roads are good people don't seem to mind the sore butt. It's the straight roads where you'll have the problems.

Have fun!
Chris

·
Registered
5,129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 · (Edited)
loudes13 said:
My only concern is that I hope we are stopping and resting often. My butt can only take so much abuse.
We have plenty of stops. Here is a break down of the ride……

We meet at 7am in Starks and gas up leave at 7:30am
There is a gas stop in the late morning again (15 minutes)
Then is a lunch stop around 11:30 in Iowa where we pick up more riders (we break for an hour)
Then there is a gas stop in the afternoon (15 minutes)
We should arrive in Winona by 4PM, we meet up with the MN guys, BS and rest a bit (30 minutes or more) and then we'll ride for another 3 hours with stops in between
We will finally park the bikes at around 7:00- 8PM for the night
After that we eat dinner we go and drink until 12:00 -1am

GroverSV650S said:
Anna likes to stop for pictures, pick up more SBN people, jump in rivers :laughing .
... I forgot, there are some picture stops too. Saturday on the way to MN it's more structured since we need to meet up with people in IA and MN, but the ride back on Sunday is very flexible.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Hirny might be in.....

Ok,

I'm lacking a bike i can ride, but it might be fun to take the big four wheeler on this ride anyways. I always get volunteered to haul anna's crap anyways so i might as well go and carry her stuff :laughing. Lemme know if a cager back marker would be allowed.

I could be the official CLSB groupie/photographer :D

·
Registered
5,129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Re: Hirny might be in.....

HondaHirny said:
I always get volunteered to haul anna's crap anyways so i might as well go and carry her stuff
Cool dude... although I don't need anyone to carry my crap... I've got bike luggage now............... but others might need your services.

Are you going to be able to keep up with bikes though? Well... we'll give you a map and directions... you can get there at your own pace if you can't keep up :D

·
BEER!
5,970 Posts
Re: Re: Hirny might be in.....

VIVID1 said:
Are you going to be able to keep up with bikes though? Well... we'll give you a map and directions... you can get there at your own pace if you can't keep up :D
Pace should be faster than last time.. I'm not going to be there! :laughing

1 - 20 of 153 Posts