On RT 20 at the intersection of RT 20 & RT 47 & RT 72
Starks, IL (see map below)

Meet time: 7:15am
Depart time: 7:30am
I get it, starks not strats. Thanks

·
Registered
980 Posts
Anyone have any info on how best to get there from the nw burbs? Also if anyone from the NW wana ride down together let me know. Thanks.

·
Banned
3,495 Posts
leavundst said:
Anyone have any info on how best to get there from the nw burbs? Also if anyone from the NW wana ride down together let me know. Thanks.
Ya...here's a tip, get some map software or use mapquest. Actually Jeff and I are commign from LITH. We might be able to met you somewhere. I'm just follwoing him.

·
Registered
669 Posts
Chad,

What the hell, SBN is down. Um, so, the plan to meet at the DQ at five is on? Anna never got back to me. As far as the room is concerned, I'm staying at my GF's mom's place.

All,

Lookin forward to seein everyone.

Just wait till sunday, hwy 108 in wisconsin is gonna make you all drool, and probably a couple puckers too. Its scary how tight some of turns are.

Wild cat mountain has two or maybe three awsome 2nd gear turns that will also make you wish you didn't live in Illinois.

Did I mention, I miss you guys, but will never come back, your roads suck!

Nick

·
Workin' up to the track
801 Posts
wolfgang said:
I'M still in for the hotel. Does anyone want to share a room (meaning 1 per bed)? I would prefer my own bed and don't mind paying more.
Also some of us are going to meet for breakfast at reeses (2 doors down from caribou coffee) if anyones interested in meeting us up there before the ride. Oh yeah at 6 a.m for breakfast.
For those that do not know where caribou is . It's in a strip mall approx 2 blocks north of the intersection of rt62 and randall rd. on the east side of randall rd.

PS the restaraunt is 10 to 15 min from the starks meeting point.
Count me in on the room. I know I'm gonna need my own bed but was looking to split one of the rooms Wik reserved. I think he said that as of today only 2 of 5 were taken.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Ok just a little info on the Arbies in Dubuque. As soon as you cross the hw 20 bridge you will come to the stop lights in Dubuque. Turn right and stay right and turn right at the next light. Stay right and at the next light, turn right. Stay right again and turn right and you will be at Arbies.

It is basically almost under the bridge.

·
Registered
5,129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #151 · (Edited)
WiK....

To my knowledge these are the people going from Chicagoland that will need a room.

Vivid1
Brian
Wolfgang
Leavundst
Spdrasr700
Ceptor
HondaHirny
Bomber
Favorednation
12Rpilot
Cherrypicker

---------------------------------------------------------

NO ROOM REQUIRED, has his own reservation
Jeff with a J

Motobeagle (riding to IA only) not staying the night

·
Registered
5,129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #152 · (Edited)
Nick 600 F3 said:
Chad,

Um, so, the plan to meet at the DQ at five is on? Anna never got back to me. As far as the room is concerned, I'm staying at my GF's mom's place.
That is the plan...........

WiK.... sorry about the delay, it was my B-day yesterday and you know... I'm out of it toady :cheers

The MN boys will meet us at the DQ at 5PM as last time, so I was thinking of skipping all the out of the way roads, just to stay on 61 until we pick them up in Winona and then hit 60 back and forth, make it back to Winona by 7pm????

We can still ride up to the overlook in Lansing though, it's on the way... ???

·
Registered
5,129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #153 ·
WEATHER

It looks like we might encounter some rain, so bring rain gear if you have it, or at least some change of clothes. It looks like cooler weather too.

***Illinois***

Saturday 9/14
Mostly cloudy with a thundershower in a couple of spots in the afternoon
High 80
(We should be long gone by the time they hit)

Sunday 9/15
Cool with times of clouds and sun; breezy in the morning
High 66
(cool temps on the way back)

***Winona, MN***

Saturday 9/14
A period of rain early in the day; mostly cloudy
High 68
(We should skip the rain here also)

Sunday 9/15
Sunshine
High 68