Chicagoland Sportbike Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3,260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Who's camped there before? What's the best campsite and what trails do you recommend? The girlfriend and I are making a two day trip of it and have never been there before.

·
Moderator,
23,638 Posts
I've done to CLSB backpacking trips down there. Both were starting from Garden of the Gods campsite.

Its pretty down there, this time of year the fall colors should be in full force.

http://cewalter.tripod.com/id71.htm

That's a good website.

·
Registered
18,079 Posts
check the dates if youre going soon
Deer hunting is big in that park

·
Enjoying Life!!
17,771 Posts
There is a good place down there for Horseback Riding also if you're interested ;)

·
Ride Red, DO WORK SON!!
4,665 Posts
I have just recently... Garden of Gods is great as stated by Chills.. Istayed also at HOG ROCK which is just down to the road... Check out Shawnees web site we used it for some day trips & runs while there.. Also take the fairy over to KY at Cave in Rock nice ridin if ya take a bike.... and if ya smoke or have freinds that do take cash and load up on cheap smokes......in KY they have drive thrus

·
Old Squid on a Blade
9,388 Posts
+1 on Garden of the Gods. Just don't drink from the waterfall no matter how good it looks. Trust me on that one. Gross... Giant City has some good spots if you know where to look too. During the Summer make sure to check out Devil's Kitchen #9 for a secluded swimming hole. There is some nice riding on the back roads out there too.

·
Registered
3,260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
thanks guys, looks like garden of the gods for the win. Lows in the low 30's should make camping interesting :) Haven't done any cold weather stuff since kettle moraine in january when I was a boyscout. We're leaving wednesday night or thursday morning. Will post pictures when I get back friday night.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts