Chicagoland Sportbike Forums banner
1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
Wannabe racer
Joined
·
2,360 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just curious who all is going since some people have changed their minds. Also I'm curious how many are going to be in the Beginner group. From the sound of the other thread Beginner is going to be pretty crowded.
 

·
IDK WTF TO PUT HERE NOW!
Joined
·
2,765 Posts
<------- Is hoping to get a big fat OT check......and maybe a Saturday? ....sigh....

If not, I'll be there Friday night with the camper and taking pics all day Saturday!



EDIT:
Just sent John an email to see if there are any openings left at all!
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
9,252 Posts
I'm still in...

So don't worry, you'll still feel really fast...

I've been practicing though, so I'm thinking I can get at least one lap completed per 20 min session now...

So there.


:D
 

·
Who's faster Lupi
Joined
·
4,957 Posts
yep Saturday only.
 

·
Evil Moderatrix,
Joined
·
8,030 Posts
John and I will be in residence for the entire event. I'm using that little spot under the tree as our mailing address next year!:helmet

See you in "B"!
 

·
Grand Master Crash
Joined
·
1,079 Posts
DanO and I are planning to be up there watching on Sunday. DanO's little brother Dave is borrowing his bike... and I guess a few of the Woodfield staff will be riding too.
 

·
Wannabe racer
Joined
·
2,360 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Kruz said:
Both days....according to the NESBA chat...both BEG/INT are close to capacity.
Full, how many people is that? Oh man a crowded track, this should be interesting.

Oh yeah and Underdog I'm bringing my training wheels. My goal is just to make it around the track upright let alone be quick. :D
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
9,252 Posts
Uh huh... don't try to fool me! I saw you practicing at home and I know I can't mess with that kinda form. I'm just hoping I have a horsepower advantage, and that you can't get those plastic wheels to heat up and hold.

Actually, it's going to be my first time on a track, so I'll just be feeling things out (at the back of the pack). For once, I plan on doing the smart thing and leaving my ego at home.

Looking forward to it though. Keep an eye out for me wandering aimlessly around the track that morning. Never been there, won't know what's going on. If you can find me and keep me from doing stupid things that'd be cool. (tall funny looking kid, naked red SV, black JR and jeans (what a rookie)).
 

·
Evil Moderatrix,
Joined
·
8,030 Posts
According to the CCS Race Director, capacity at BHF's grid is 65 motorcycles.

I can't imagine NESBA allowing a group that large. Maybe 40 bikes per group, max.

Wasn't this a topic of conversation after the first NESBA weekend at Blackhawk? Think I'll go poke around the old threads on their BBS.

Unless Garth's lurking around here somewhere... :)
 

·
Tgf Og
Joined
·
9,851 Posts
KBOlsen said:
According to the CCS Race Director, capacity at BHF's grid is 65 motorcycles.

I can't imagine NESBA allowing a group that large. Maybe 40 bikes per group, max.

Wasn't this a topic of conversation after the first NESBA weekend at Blackhawk? Think I'll go poke around the old threads on their BBS.

Unless Garth's lurking around here somewhere... :)
yes there was, i started that thread to be exact, it was crowded in beginer, thank god im not in beginer anymore, it was scarey not so much for me but for all the people jeff,kruz and i where passing into turn one thank god no one got spooked and went straight! kim see you in intermediate on Sunday!!!:thumbsup
 

·
YO MAMA
Joined
·
60,258 Posts
if i remember that cluster fuck of bikes that day...i think it was in april...the B group was something like 60 people WITH intro people...ILL NEVER FORGET:mad
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
3,495 Posts
Kruz said:
Both days....according to the NESBA chat...both BEG/INT are close to capacity.
Great. Guess I get to practice my pasing skills. althoug it was pretty funn last time I went and everyone in intermediate was fast enough that you were't lapping too many people.

Figure 30 seconds to get everyone on the track. So there's a 1 minute gap from 1st to last. If the back of the group is giving up 10 seconds/laps to the leader, it still takes 6 laps to close the gap. You're only looking at about 12 laps/session.

Shouldn't be too bad.

Beginner on the other hand can get crazy because the differential in laps times can exceed 30 seconds of more. Some riders will get lapped at least 3 times!!! That can really make a track feel crowded.:D
 

·
Who's faster Lupi
Joined
·
4,957 Posts
Nah just means Grova needs to wear the safety yellow shirt. :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,662 Posts
in..

I plan to go with 2 friends of mine who are participating. I'll be videotaping and helping :( I'll have to find some of you and say hi.


should have waited a little longer to sell the racebike.


Nexus.

DanO...Alec says hi (old Finance guy from Woodfield). i work with him now.
 

·
Wannabe racer
Joined
·
2,360 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Underdog said:
Uh huh... don't try to fool me! I saw you practicing at home and I know I can't mess with that kinda form. I'm just hoping I have a horsepower advantage, and that you can't get those plastic wheels to heat up and hold.

Actually, it's going to be my first time on a track, so I'll just be feeling things out (at the back of the pack). For once, I plan on doing the smart thing and leaving my ego at home.

Looking forward to it though. Keep an eye out for me wandering aimlessly around the track that morning. Never been there, won't know what's going on. If you can find me and keep me from doing stupid things that'd be cool. (tall funny looking kid, naked red SV, black JR and jeans (what a rookie)).
You mean this? No way will that SV even be able to compare to the massive HP this battery powered baby puts out!

 
1 - 20 of 60 Posts
Top