Chicagoland Sportbike Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Anyone coming up for the Slimy Muddy Crud Run, Sunday Oct. 6th.

Fall - Slimey Crud Run, Pine Bluff, WI
Oct. 6th, 2002

The ride starts at Pine Bluff, WI and ends in Leland, WI. Pine Bluff, WI is only 5 minutes from my house in Mt. Horeb. This is a fun ride to go on, and it features cafe racer style bikes.

For those of you that came up for the MDA Ride earlier this summer you'll remember the roads we took on that, this is basically the same roads in the same direction except you get to take your bike on a ferry and cross a river. And it's ALL FREE!!

Anyone and everyone is welcome to stay at my house. Here are some directions to my house. Distance: Waukesha to Mt. Horeb is 87.5 miles according to Mapquest.com but I think it's more like 106 miles.

Todd's House

It might be cold, so wear your cold weather gear!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah, weekend rides in Milwaukee with the apex-extreme.com guys and we just got back from Marion, VA for the KP Fall Rally. And a track day at BHF in between, now I'll be working on the track bike this winter for next years season.

I see you've been to the track too! Got ya hooked doesn't it?!

·
stuck in 6th gear,
7,631 Posts
katman said:
... we just got back from Marion, VA for the KP Fall Rally. And a track day at BHF in between,...

I see you've been to the track too! Got ya hooked doesn't it?!
yeah, I tried to read about the Fall Rally, but KP seems to be hiccuping right now.

yeah, been to the track....might do one more NESBA event before the year ends...still trying to make up my mind on going to putnam.

so what are the directions to the slimy crud run meeting point?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
I added a map of the area to the above post. The meeting point is Kits Korner Bar in Pine Bluff. Otherwise peeps can come to my house and then we can go up to Kits and leave from there.

Our host server is having problems right now and KP is down. I hope they get it fixed soon! We had a blast! The roads are better than the Gap, if you can believe that. And there are more of them, with NO cars and NO cops. Just nice smooth clean twisties for hours of daily enjoyment.

·
Made in Wisconsin!
372 Posts
If the weather is amicable, I will be there, not sure if we're doing the "ride" or not, but we will certainly find our way to Leland. Could somebody post the planned route?
Always looking forward to meeting more sportbike riders and making contacts for rides, etc. :thumbsup
I've always got my eyes peeled for the very rare "female sportbike rider" species, I know I can't be the ONLY one in WI.
Maybe they're all hidden under their lid. :helmet

·
Cuddlie as a koala
7,520 Posts
diamond said:

I've always got my eyes peeled for the very rare "female sportbike rider" species, I know I can't be the ONLY one in WI.
Maybe they're all hidden under their lid. :helmet

We have a couple down in Jokesville, err Janesville. 1 I personally think she's on a bike she has no business on and the other is DEFINATELY on a bike a beginner has no business on.

·
stuck in 6th gear,
7,631 Posts
Wik said:
[...] I hope I run into some of you in Leland.
:nono Chad, we don't want you running into any of us, that's why you're all the way in front. (it's not because you're fast :twofinger )

j/k cya there

·
Cuddlie as a koala
7,520 Posts
Looks liek I probabbly will show up. If you see my bike, I should be around. Will have on full leathers and possibly the old SBN staff shirt.

·
Cuddlie as a koala
7,520 Posts
Well teh rest of the gang wimped out because it MIGHT rain.:rolleyes

·
Registered
59 Posts
I am going up to MN instead and going to Roy's Repair show. I need to pick up some sharkskinz for the F3 anyway. So have fun and please be carefull and take some pictures for me.

·
stuck in 6th gear,
7,631 Posts
I'm wussing out too. Was playing on the bike. Just swapped out the plugs and slapped on a powercommander and was out riding way past sane bedtime hours with Maks and UICSUX.

Just recently got home and need to catch up on the Zzzs

·
habitual line stepper
3,235 Posts
...WIND ADVISORY FOR THIS AFTERNOON THROUGH THIS EVENING...

SUSTAINED WINDS ARE FORECAST TO INCREASE TO AROUND 30 MPH...WITH GUSTS OF 45 TO 50 MPH THIS AFTERNOON AND EVENING. AS A RESULT...A WIND ADVISORY HAS BEEN ISSUED. WINDS OF THESE MAGNITUDES MAY CAUSE MINOR PROPERTY DAMAGE WITHOUT EXTRA PRECAUTIONS. MOTORISTS IN HIGH PROFILE VEHICLES SHOULD USE CAUTION

1 - 17 of 17 Posts