6Teen Cycles
3,350 Posts
Rep Sent. I hadn't seen that one yet.

·
Registered
4,740 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
it the 08 Van Den Bosch replica

I think I'll order a couple for next years race season. maybe hire a factory mechanic too :1pimp :laughing:

·
6Teen Cycles
3,350 Posts
it the 08 Van Den Bosch replica

I think I'll order a couple for next years race season. maybe hire a factory mechanic too :1pimp :laughing:
I'll crash test, drop and otherwise unnecessarily abuse them for you just to make sure they are ready to use. :jester

Maybe Les will order like 15 and start a SM rental along with the carts :lmao: Hey I can dream.

·
Registered
4,740 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Maybe Les will order like 15 and start a SM rental along with the carts :lmao: Hey I can dream.
best idea ever!!! :)

I've been trying to think of ideas to increase the tard presence in the area, and possibly get some races going at norway.

maybe a small fleet of rental DRZ's would bring in some traffic if we helped Les promote it.

·
Failed rehab
14,908 Posts

I've been trying to think of ideas to increase the tard presence in the area, and possibly get some races going at norway.

maybe a small fleet of rental DRZ's would bring in some traffic if we helped Les promote it.
I love the idea of getting some racing going there. I'd be in.

·
Registered
4,740 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
starting a thread on SMJ: Norway 2008. everyone post you thoughts/ideas.

Rob, Tony (Tnatola1) on smj was able to make an insert for his DRZ (big bore, hotcams) and a crf 450 that really knocked the sound level down. from 100+ to 95 on the crf!

·
6Teen Cycles
3,350 Posts
starting a thread on SMJ: Norway 2008. everyone post you thoughts/ideas.

Rob, Tony (Tnatola1) on smj was able to make an insert for his DRZ (big bore, hotcams) and a crf 450 that really knocked the sound level down. from 100+ to 95 on the crf!
I'll definitely post up there. It would be great to get some races and some publicity for Supermoto.

·
Registered
646 Posts

Road America has a fleet of DRZ400's that they have been using for the SM school up there. I don't know if they plan on selling them off or not, but that might be a good option, either for Norway, or for any individuals looking to get an SM bike with low miles (though probably a few good crashes).

I had worked with the guys from Superbikers 2 this year, and we had planned on having the final round of their series down here in September until the noise issue came up. For those of us that are relatively local (<2hrs) coming up with a way to make our bikes quiet in order to have a place to play is well worth it. However, I think it is going to be a hard sell to bring in the people required to hold a successful race event (let alone series) and convince them to meet the required sound.

That being said, I think we should continue working and possibly try to plan for some bike only track days, in which we would probably have to rent the track out and have to charge a little higher than the current $25. I have a great design for a dirt section all mapped out in my brain that I have briefly reviewed with Les. In my last conversations with him (admittedly more than 2 months ago), he is still open to doing it if we pull together some bike only events that can be economically feasible (and quiet).

Keep up the enthusiasm! :cheers:

·
Ridiculously Good Looking
32,753 Posts
I am riding "Hwy and twistie" less and less and am thinking of a Motard for next year and this does not help matters

·
Gixxer Rider
2,340 Posts
I'm suffering from the motard bug too! They need to make a street legal version of that thing.;)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts