Chicagoland Sportbike Forums banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
19,186 Posts
Odysseys said:
i think i want to get a new one for sure.
but i am keeping my 9r still:D
I'd like to but I got a list of things that need to happen first:(

Car for wife
Patio
More landscaping
Paydown some debt
etc. etc. etc:(

We'll see...anything is possible

·
BEER!
5,970 Posts
you mean only ONE. I'm itching for a track bike and a street bike. Still debating on what to do...

1.) Buy a track bike in the winter selling spree that will happen, then either keep the SV for street duty or sell it in the spring.

2.) Buy a new bike later in the season, keep the SV on track/street duty another season before turning it into a track bike next winter or selling it outright.

3.) Turn the SV into track bike THIS winter, picking up the requisite mods and get a different bike in the spring. This is most 'project like' and might be fun. Only problem is I don't really know squat about that stuff yet.

I've been switching back and forth and back several times over the last couple days as several people know. My gut instinct (one to trust involving bikes) is to pay off the bike and car first before going into GSX track bike territory. But if a decent deal comes along. Too many track days on the SV will kill resale. :(

Chris

·
Registered
18,885 Posts
I may get a dirtbike or something....maybe an XR80 to play around with in the neighborhood and track days.

·
Registered
19,186 Posts
Re: Re: so whos itching for a new bike next year?

Crazy said:

I'd like to but I got a list of things that need to happen first:(

Car for wife
Patio
More landscaping
Paydown some debt
etc. etc. etc:(

We'll see...anything is possible
20 min later I would've never posted this.:mad :mad :mad

·
Super Moderator,
43,221 Posts
i want another bike, but then I wise up and keep stuffing my spare change under my mattress. My gixxer should be enough fun for at least another year.

·
BEER!
5,970 Posts
Vcook said:
i want another bike, but then I wise up and keep stuffing my spare change under my mattress. My gixxer should be enough fun for at least another year.
I hear ya there. I'm trying to resist the urge. Will be especially difficult when bonus and tax return come in. Need to dump it into the cage payment before I do something silly with it.

Still may get a race rear shock though. And race tail section and bellypan. Next winter I may upgrade and buy a Gixxer track bike. Want to get the basics down first. Don't need a GSX to do that. Upside to the SV is that buying/selling parts is pretty easy.

Except the right side fairing for an '01 red. :mad

Chris

·
Super Moderator,
43,221 Posts
you know the gixxer shocks will bolt up to the SV and they are a better unit. I should have a spare shock off my 600 soon if you are interested. I got a shock off a 750 that I am going to have rebuilt to spec for myself.

·
Banned
3,495 Posts
I definitely want one. Not 100% sure what I'll get but If i can BS the finances to make it work.... I'll get something.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Always looking! Would like to have a big V-Twin. The guy I bought the RG 500 from has been hounding me real bad to get his old bike back. Might have to take that money and go shopping.

·
Grammaton Cleric
1,842 Posts
Always on the look out. Thanks to you guys (and gals), I have been weaned off this notion of just having one bike. Thus, I'd like to have a V-Twin cruiser or Street Fighter to compliment the Hayabusa. I'll check out the SV1000 at IMS.

Of course, I should be Mr. Practical Guy and payoff the Mustang and remodel the bathroom before I buy another bike :(

·
Who's faster Lupi
4,957 Posts
As mine is now 5 years old and a real pig by todays standards, I would like to get a new one. But prob might be an off roader to go with the pw50 or xr50 I get matt in the spring.

·
Registered
916 Posts
I've been shopping around a little for dirtbikes/supermoto's. Might get a CR500 if I can find a good one at a good price....(anyone know how to get an IL plate on a dirtbike?)

or maybe a KTM640 if I go with a thumper..???

·
BEER!
5,970 Posts
:eek:t :eek:t
Um, anything newer than a 1999 GSX shock won't fit on the SV, it's too short. According to posts on SV rider tips n tricks section. 'They' say it's too short. But installing a GSX shock is considerably cheaper than a racing shock. FOX rears go for $600.

don't you have racing rear shocks on the bike Patrick? You've got the pipe, braided brake lines..

Chris

Underdog said:
:eek:t

V-
if Chris doesn't take you up on your kind offer...I might. FYI.

Sorry. We now return you to your previously scheduled thread.

·
4,985 Posts
Well I'm itching for a new bike, I know it won't happen but I still want one. What might happen if I can find the right deal on one is a drag bike (yeah I'm into that kind of racing :twofinger ). I'm thinking old GSXR1100 or GS1150.

-Ryan

·
Cuddlie as a koala
7,520 Posts
I am.

List so far in order of chances.

ZX-6RR
CBR600RR: tied with teh 6RR
XB-9R: Close behind those 2
Warrior: so so
Softtail Std.: basically not gonna happen due to the 100th Annv.

·
Registered
528 Posts
Itching? Hell Yea, Like I have the chickenpox all over again!! Would love to get one of the race replica RC51's coming out next year or a track bike; CBR600, SV650, Honda Hawk. But if I even think about scratching this itch the scars from my wife would be lifelong.:laughing

·
Who's faster Lupi
4,957 Posts
Doctor B said:
But if I even think about scratching this itch the scars from my wife would be lifelong.:laughing
I hear ya :evil

1 - 20 of 33 Posts