Chicagoland Sportbike Forums banner

1 - 20 of 142 Posts

·
YO MAMA
60,258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
just recently i finally pulled the trigger and got the camera ive been wanting since it came out. Nikon D7000 and a couple lens. while i am very new to photography and trying to master what i want to be captured i am still learning. but just wanted to share a few of them. might update time to time.
all shots shooting in manual except the doggie and lil girl

feel free to give feedback.

·
U-P-G-R-A-Y-E-D-D
11,172 Posts

·
YO MAMA
60,258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks guys, and haha on the chimp remark.

the shot with the Amish kid harvesting corn the old fashion way. if i dropped to my knee there was shit in the way and would have cropped the tree tops and sky. i really wanted the sky in that exposure and to me would have looked weird. if all those fence poles and wires wernt there i surely would have brought it up to the field level. i felt if i didnt and you see stumps and wires going across in the DOF again weird for me, but hey i am still learning if i am wrong. i might crop it when i have time.

all these shots are simply resized for web

·
Premium Member
45,956 Posts
just recently i finally pulled the trigger and got the camera ive been wanting since it came out. Nikon D7000 and a couple lens. while i am very new to photography and trying to master what i want to be captured i am still learning. but just wanted to share a few of them. might update time to time.
all shots shooting in manual except the doggie and lil girl

feel free to give feedback.

My favorite

oh and the Barn shot I would crop and convert to Black and white

·
Ridiculously Good Looking
32,753 Posts
Nice shooting Ansel

·
Premium Member
45,956 Posts
Just a thought

·
Registered
19,186 Posts
Nice shots! You should really stay away from that monkey's ass though! Remember what happened last time????......

LOL :)

1,371 Posts
Good pics ken.

But I must admit I thought there was gonna be a Buffalo Bill pic of you doing a tucked fruit bowl in the mirror

·
2,471 Posts
Looks good. I'd LOVE to get into photography sometime. Just no time or money for it right now. Maybe when I retire. haha.

P.S...that red barn would like great with a State Farm logo on it wouldn't it?!?

·
Another Polak
2,494 Posts
Tank track photo is great.
B&W barn it's much better than color but I would do the tone mapping, picture is too flat.
Barns also look awesome as HDR photos.

·
Armed law abiding citizen
19,052 Posts
I don't know anything about the quality of the shots, but the rhino and the track from the tank are awesome. Thank you for sharing them with us.

·
YO MAMA
60,258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
my 1st HDR shot. i really picked a pain in the ass worse case scenario.

i even dipped into using 2" shutter speed exposure to get this to bracketed at 3 shots +/-2 stops

no bit mapping used, and YES i need a new cleaning lady clearly by the amount of dust...lol

·
YO MAMA
60,258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
last one for now, not sure i am sold on this HDR type photos. ill have to play with landscape shots next time something catches my eye. what do you guys think, clearly you guys see what would have been totally lost in under exposed area that has been brought to life in mid tones.

1 - 20 of 142 Posts