Chicagoland Sportbike Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Retired but still working
1,089 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I currently own a AGV Sport SP4 suit in a 46. Does anyone wear a 44US suit comparable to this that I could try on? I need to see whether I can get into a 44 to determine whether I should buy new or alter my current suit (upper to lower body out of whack). With no disrepect to any other suit out there, these are the ones I would like to try on...

Similar AGV - Teknic Xcelerator - Joe Rocket Speedmaster or GPX - Alpinestars Octane or SG1.

Thanks in advance :cheers:

p.s. I promise to shower before trying it on :laughing:

·
Model citizen
10,026 Posts
I have an older AGV Sport 1pc (size 44). I don't know the exact model. I got it off ebay last year.

Whats your height and weight?

·
1,089 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

·
Model citizen
10,026 Posts
FWIW I'm 5"11 and 195 lbs and the size 44 AGV is way too tight on me. It's used, so it's already broken in. But I can't move around on the bike while wearing it. I can barely get it zipped up. And it's cut too short for me. Really tight in the family jewels

You're welcome to try it out. But again, I don't know the exact model. I'd have to look at the tags. And it looks to be a couple years old. Maybe 2 or 3.

·
Premium Member
17,255 Posts
I have 42, 44, and 46 here Dean... perhaps you should come over tomorrow... just a thought.

·
CLSB's Florida Chapter.,
22,652 Posts
i got a 44 Teknic. 6' 180lbs. your much bigger on top than me, and mine is loose, but i dont think its that loose.

·
Registered
2,321 Posts
holy shit, you guys are freakin tall

5'6 135 and no, I'm not Asian

·
Registered
4,526 Posts
Yeah tell me about it. I had to get a 48 to make the arm length right and get the leg length close. I still need to send my suit to Alexa to get the thighs lengthened and the gut reduced. This is why it is better to spend the extra bling on a custom suit. By the time I am done with the alterations this off the shelf suit is going to run me close to what a custom would be.

·
1,089 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
This is why it is better to spend the extra bling on a custom suit. By the time I am done with the alterations this off the shelf suit is going to run me close to what a custom would be.
This is what I was afraid of. I ran into this with a past suit but it wasn't too bad. The difference between my shoulders and chest area - wearing a back protector as well - and my lower body is at least one or two suit sizes. I think there is so much to take in around the a$$, lower thigh and knee I was wondering if I could squeeze into a 44 and not have to worry about alteration costs. From the sounds of it, I may not be able to.

Wink, I may take you up on that before I go into work tomorrow. I'll PM or call if I head that way.

Thanks for the information everyone.

·
Premium Member
17,255 Posts
Looking fwd to it Dean, you may need to give me notice, or meet me at the trailer, the suits are in there. (cold... LOL!)

·
King Nothing, , ,
17,944 Posts
I finally got a one piece suit, new enough had these on bargain basement clearout for $350!

They have them for honda and yamaha too- a bit flashy, but for 350, hell I paid almost that just for my speedmaster pants, plus its perforated which I didnt have before- I was really worried about having a getoff on the track and my 2-piece coming apart.

Anyway, I am 5'10" and approx. 180 lbs. and bought a 44 from joe rocket, it seems to fit well. Your welcome to try it on for sizing reference from this manufacturer.

·
1,089 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I finally got a one piece suit, new enough had these on bargain basement clearout for $350!
This is the exact suit I am looking at. They only have 44's left and I need to know if it fits. I was just going to buy it seeing they have a no hassle return policy.

Check you PM's :cheers:

·
King Nothing, , ,
17,944 Posts
This is the exact suit I am looking at. They only have 44's left and I need to know if it fits. I was just going to buy it seeing they have a no hassle return policy.

Check you PM's :cheers:
No hassle on the return, but you still gotta pay the shipping to get it back if it doesnt fit- come try it on!:cheers:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts