Chicagoland Sportbike Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
916 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
1 liter Gixxer eater????

Rumor has it that this will be Baba-san's final design and his "signing off" statement. Many expect it will have the same revolutionary effect on sportbikes that his original CBR900RR did in 1993.

MotoGP bikes for the masses... gotta love it.

·
Registered
19,186 Posts
Odysseys said:
ill believe it when i see it;)
ditto...plus it doesn't look that cool:-

·
Banned
3,495 Posts
I think all sportbikes are starting to look about the same, There's only so much you can do. But not many have a V5 engine with 2 high mounts, and 3 underseat exhausts. That bike would have performance and character. Kind of like a Ducati that is reliable, comfortable, and actaully made some horsepower.:twofinger

·
Premium Member
45,956 Posts
What the hell is that photoshopped hunk of shit supposed to be? It looks goofy, almost like a Characature of a real bike. And the motor sticking out of the side looks photoshopped.

·
Registered
916 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
GsxrTony said:
What the hell is that photoshopped hunk of shit supposed to be? It looks goofy, almost like a Characature of a real bike. And the motor sticking out of the side looks photoshopped.
Definitely a photochop....photo source is a Jap bike mag.:rolleyes

However this post was spawn by an email exhange I had with a industry "connected" gentleman whom confirmed that Honda is infact in the development/testing stage of a 1000cc sportbike to be released late 03/early 04. No word on specs or if it was a V5 or I4 platform, or if it would carry CBR/RVF or RC badges :)

Its obvious the 4stroke GP bikes will further the "trickle down" of technology and styling to street sportbikes. The new CBR600RR is the 1st example of this(remember all the horrible photochops of that before its release???). With the growing emphesis on the 1000cc production based racing series (WSB/AMA superbike/Formula Xtreme) I'm quite confident all the major manufactures are hard at work developing competative literbike platforms as all the 02/03 designs are clearly aging.

:thumbsup :thumbsup :thumbsup

·
Who's faster Lupi
4,957 Posts
black frame but bare alum rear sets and swing arm.???

·
Old Squid on a Blade
9,388 Posts
I just saw one in one of my mags too. I didn't look photoshopped. It had 3 little cans too. In the faster red color of course. I forgot which mag, but can dig it out if you want.

Don't forget, Radical high tech sells! It's just a matter of time. I doubt 2003, but Baba San stopped calling me for my opinion a while ago. :twofinger

·
Premium Member
45,956 Posts
Blade Runner said:
but Baba San stopped calling me for my opinion a while ago. :twofinger
Shit, He stills calls me all the time. I keep telling him about the advantages of Blue and silver, But he says Honda's cant handle that kind of performance :D :D :twofinger

1 - 9 of 9 Posts