Chicagoland Sportbike Forums banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Clever Girl
10,204 Posts
•In the Chicago suburb of Naperville, Ill., residents affiliated with homeowners associations use the radar guns. "Some people seemed surprised. Some took notice and slowed down," says Bob Fischer, director of the Naperville Area Homeowners Confederation. "Others were angry that we were interfering with their inherent right to get to the train station — or back home — as quickly as possible."
Why am I not surprised Naperville showed up in that article? :jester

·
Moderator,
23,638 Posts
This place is crawling w/ the 'but me' crowd.

Stop signs, red light and speed limits are for everyone....'but me'.
Exactly, especially in the neighborhood streets. I see so many people blowing stop signs and going 10-15 over. Sometimes this place really bugs.

·
ǝɹoɯʎuɐ ʞɔn&#60
11,372 Posts
Kinda curious is it taking pictures of the plates otherwise theres no proof. Unless the individuals are writing them down even then i would question it as saying someone in this car with this plate doesnt prove anything either. This will not stop anything especially in chicago.

·
BSB > WSBK > MotoGP
11,947 Posts
I think this is a bad idea.

Yes people should drive slower, but putting law enforcement-type equipment in the hands of citizen is a confrontation waiting to happen.

I can just see some unbalanced road-rager stopping the car and confronting the person with the radar and possibly even attacking them.

·
Irony helps us play!
29,500 Posts
I think this is a bad idea.

Yes people should drive slower, but putting law enforcement-type equipment in the hands of citizen is a confrontation waiting to happen.

I can just see some unbalanced road-rager stopping the car and confronting the person with the radar and possibly even attacking them.
Assault and Battery on the criminal side along w/ the civil liability thereof is certainly more expensive than a moving violation.

·
Cuddlie as a koala
7,520 Posts
Assault and Battery on the criminal side along w/ the civil liability thereof is certainly more expensive than a moving violation.

Some dont even care about the criminal side.

Whats next? Do they expect people to catch bank robbers for them also?

·
Irony helps us play!
29,500 Posts
Some dont even care about the criminal side.

Whats next? Do they expect people to catch bank robbers for them also?
The police are not expecting anything. These are citizens ponying up and volunteering. It's the same thing as going down to the police station and signing a complaint (anyone can do that), but this way they have the tools to gather more hard evidence.

·
BSB > WSBK > MotoGP
11,947 Posts
The type of people that would fly off the handle and lay a beat down on someone over that is not going to car about the law.

·
Lick Me
1,634 Posts
i use to live on the street that was parallel to Algonqun in desplaines. when algonquin was under construction my street became the alternate to most of the local traffic. lots of locals finally got the cops to come and start pulling people over. talking to the cop one day he said the only people that he has pulled over where people that live on the street.

careful what you wish for.

·
Banned
17,542 Posts
I think it's a great idea. Have the older folks sit on their lawns targeting speeders = no grannies on teh road trying to kill people.:laughing:

·
Banned
6,882 Posts
Seems fine to me. Only thing I'm wondering who's doing this for the power trip effect vs actually caring.

·
Irony helps us play!
29,500 Posts
Seems fine to me. Only thing I'm wondering who's doing this for the power trip effect vs actually caring.
The ones doing it for a power trip are also probably the ones who have a 'defensive' weapon close by for those who fly off the handle and are dumb enough to get out of their cars and approach the person by trespassing on private property.

·
Clever Girl
10,204 Posts
Or who's going to be the first to get drunk and have their buddies see how fast they can get on the radar.

·
Banned
17,542 Posts
Or who's going to be the first to get drunk and have their buddies see how fast they can get on the radar.
Then send the letter to the PD with the plate # for shits and giggles. :laughing:

"You gonna give me a few bucks or do i have to send this out?"

:evil

·
Clever Girl
10,204 Posts
Then send the letter to the PD with the plate # for shits and giggles. :laughing:

"You gonna give me a few bucks or do i have to send this out?"

:evil
:lmao: I would be that guy who would do that.

This gives me an idea...We could have a CLSB Speed Calibration day. Now, who's going to attach their name to it....

·
The Benchwarmer
14,574 Posts
:lmao: I would be that guy who would do that.

This gives me an idea...We could have a CLSB Speed Calibration day. Now, who's going to attach their name to it....
pete the greek

1 - 20 of 29 Posts