·
Human lawn dart
5,745 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So is anyone planning on going?

·
Evil Moderatrix,
8,030 Posts
We were... but opted to wait until February.

·
Human lawn dart
5,745 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
can't wait joansen for the new 6r

I'll be there in feb too

·
Evil Moderatrix,
8,030 Posts
Ceptor might be interested in going...

·
Registered
799 Posts
I'll be heading down to St. Louis for Friday and Saturday. I thought it might be fun to get out of Chicago for a few days. Is there anything you want me to take a pic of for you besides the R6?

·
Human lawn dart
5,745 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Nope I'll be there saturday. I'm driving there, going to the show and driving back in 1 day. Yeah I'm a little off my rocker

·
Everybody to the Limit
469 Posts
Got a link for that show? I wouldn't mind going.

·
Registered
8 Posts
sybex said:
Nope I'll be there saturday. I'm driving there, going to the show and driving back in 1 day. Yeah I'm a little off my rocker
I did the same thing yesterday with some friends. It was worth
it since the crowd was much smaller than what I've seen at
the Chicago show. The new 600's look sharp, too bad the
600rr was on a chained off podium, but it'd probably be too
small for me like the rest of the 600's. Too bad Ducati wasn't
there, was hoping to see the 749/999 in yellow.

-jb

·
Registered
512 Posts
I just looked on the website, Chicago is there biggest show. It has the highest attendance. I've never been. Is this show usually any good?

·
Everybody to the Limit
469 Posts
Except for the line to get in (if you need to buy tickets there) the Chicago show is great. There is a group from Michigan I usually meet up with the night before and then at the show we hang with Rickey Gadson and Doug from Muzzy's. All shows are good if you party before and after.

·
Human lawn dart
5,745 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
made it there is 3 hours 45 minutes. I think this is going to be my new sig. The show was really small compared to ours. But I was there to see the new 6r before I ordered one. That is a really nice bike imo. It feels like there is nothing unde you when your sitting on it.

·
BEER!
5,970 Posts
obijuan said:
I just looked on the website, Chicago is there biggest show. It has the highest attendance. I've never been. Is this show usually any good?
I went last year on the Saturday, not good getting into the place. Took 45 minutes to park the car, then 15 minutes of walking to get to the center. Then it was REALLY packed in there, especially about lunchtime.

But they had damn near every bike in existence there. All major and minor manufacturers, lots of dealers, etc. Some cool customs as well.

Chris

·
Man with Big Hose
1,432 Posts
Go ON FRIDAY!!!!!!!!!!!! get there at 5pm when it opens....there is half the crowd as there is on sat and sun!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
2,074 Posts
GroverSV650S said:

I went last year on the Saturday, not good getting into the place. Took 45 minutes to park the car, then 15 minutes of walking to get to the center. Then it was REALLY packed in there, especially about lunchtime.
Chris

45 mins to park? where the hell did you park? i always park at the CTA stop up the street from the there. you can always find a parking spot in there, and its cheap as hell. the only problem is the 5 to 10 min walk from there.

·
Registered
799 Posts
I would rather take the 15 minute walk than pay the $15 parking fee. That a dollar a minute, not too bad for fifeteen minutes work.

Who am I kidding, I drove for 4 1/2 hours down to St. Louis because I didn't want to wait until Feb.

The show was small compared to the ones I remember in Chicago. I have not been to the Chicago show in 4 years. Ducati was not even in St. Louis. The vendors had crap for sale and the exhibitors knew nothing about their products. I asked a guy at the Yamaha section about what the light aray will be for the R6 and he said there is two lights on each side one set that lights for low and one set that lights for high. BS if you look at the things it is pretty obvious that one light in there is just for looks. Why they have people at the shows that dont know about the bikes is beyond me.

The show was pretty low key with good access to all the bikes which was nicer than here in Chicago. I remember it being very crowded here.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts