Chicagoland Sportbike Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just seeing if anybody else on here went down for the massive ride that took place down in St. Louis this past Sunday. There was easily 200+ sport bikes that attended. It's no surprise that the cops were being a little lame once we reached the spot for the "show," but it was still a good time. Just riding down the interstate and seeing a mile or two of solid sport bikes was pretty awesome in itself.

Anyway, just thought I'd see if anybody on here attended. :thumbsup

Oh yeah, I'm a new guy also, so gimme a show of :twofinger :-

·
Premium Member
45,956 Posts
Nope I wasnt there...

But here ya go :twofinger :twofinger :twofinger and welcome :cheers

·
YO MAMA
60,258 Posts
Was this the ride I heard...detailed instructions (almost for route and destination openly) and doing a stunt show at the end?
If so..sorry did make it but how did it go?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well, to the best of my knowledge it wasn't supposed to be a big cruise or anything. We ended up having about a 45 minute ride from the meeting place, to the show spot, where the Streetfighterz (www.streetfighterz.com) and the StlShockers (www.stlshockers.com) were going to put on a little show.

For such an incredible mass of bikes, things went surprisingly well! The only guy I heard about going down, was one of the guys that rode down with me. He's a little on the newbie side as far as sportbikes go, and got caught off guard when a cage slammed on his brakes. He apparently locked up the tire(s) and went down when he made light contact with another bike's rear tire. Nobody ran him over, thank God, but it was definitely a close call. He got a bit of roadrash on his elbow and a few scratches on his bike, but he's no worse for wear.

There was about 5+ camera "crews" that was cruising through the group the entire time, catching video of random wheelies from random riders.

Cops were about as to be expected... Not overly friendly to say the least. I think the small town cop that was trying to break it up, got outran on 4 occassions.

This ride took place down in the St. Louis area though. We met down by the river, and went around the loop outside the city, to an area in Illinois.

Thanks for the welcomes guys :helmet

1 - 4 of 4 Posts