Chicagoland Sportbike Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
3,260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there a good one out there? Looking for info about add-ons... top box, stereo, etc.

·
Registered
3,260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
nooooooooo that's what you guys are for!!! hook it up! :laughing

I need to figure out whether I want a navi/comfort/audio wing or a St1300

I figure the wing will cost me about $20k OTD from southernhonda, the St will be about 14k.

If I get the ST I need a top box, stereo, and navigation plus some other stuff. I'm planning on doing a trip to California in july and want to start squaring some stuff away.

Edit: google only gives me a MSN forum... = crap

·
Registered
3,260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
definitely NO. Lol, I'll be riding to cali and back in july. I think I'm going with a wing

·
Lovin this Twin
1,980 Posts
Don't forget about the new concours. If your emphaysis is more sport than touring, it's a worthy contender. Cheaper too.
Motorcyclist just did a comparo of the 4 best sport touring bikes....guess who came in 4th?

Concourse 14 took 1st hands down.

·
Premium Member
45,956 Posts
I'd go BMW

·
Registered
3,260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
not yet, just set a savings plan up. Purchase will be first week in july or earlier. Going on my trip july 16th :cheers:

·
Registered
3,260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Seems like If I buy a ST I'm just going to end up making it as much like a wing as possible so I'm just going to buy a base model wing and throw aftermarket GPS on it. Looking at most likely the Zumo 550 unless something better comes out between now and then

·
YO MAMA
60,258 Posts
Seems like If I buy a ST I'm just going to end up making it as much like a wing as possible so I'm just going to buy a base model wing and throw aftermarket GPS on it. Looking at most likely the Zumo 550 unless something better comes out between now and then
:cheers:

·
Illegitimi non Carborundu
7,290 Posts
not yet, just set a savings plan up. Purchase will be first week in july or earlier. Going on my trip july 16th :cheers:
ST1300 is a great bike. I have one. It's not looking so nice at the moment, but the bike is a wonderful ride. I have a Givi trunk and Sargent seats. I also added the fairing extensions and Honda pads all over. I will be adding GPS and changing out the wind shield before the next riding season.

The Goldwing is much more bike, of course and I recommend that as well. If you want to save some money but still have a great touring bike, you can't go wrong with the ST1300.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts