Chicagoland Sportbike Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
813 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know where to get those mini lighting systems that you can put on a bike with race body work to make it legal to ride on the street? :confused

Thanks, Tom.

·
Tgf Og
9,851 Posts
are you looking to mount these in the fairing or beneath them? talk to Champ he has small lights set up on his!

·
Registered
813 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
In the fairing. Actually, there is a hole in the front specifically designed for a small headlight. I've seen a couple of bikes with this set-up, I just don't know where they got their light assembly.

·
Who's faster Lupi
4,957 Posts
OPP Racing

Sent you a PM. I really like how these work and turned out.

·
Who's faster Lupi
4,957 Posts
The above pic was my upper prior to painting it black.

Here are the lights.

·
Banned
3,495 Posts
What did those cost? I'm looking ot do the same thing this winter. My F4i is going ot become a track whore, but I want to still ride it occasianally on the street.

edit:

I just looked at that site. $340:mad That's too much. I have some connections at a local machine shop that could make me some adjustable brackets and get some Cheap auxilary driving lights from Farm and Fleet. I'll probably just keep the stock tail section.

·
Man with Big Hose
1,432 Posts
I was going to the same Cherry......find some smaller driving lights and mount it under the front when I get the new body work. I will have a solo tail and will probably do the same for the break lights with some sort of LED with turn signal intergrated into it. won't look very pretty but will satisfy DOT (I Hope)

·
Who's faster Lupi
4,957 Posts
I looked into those "Driving Lights" They are not DOT approved. I didn't wanna take a chance.

$340 is the Canadian dollar price. Convert it to US$ and its $213.58

·
Banned
3,495 Posts
Champ91 said:
I looked into those "Driving Lights" They are not DOT approved. I didn't wanna take a chance.

OOps... didn't catch that. Damn Canadians. $213 isn't too bad.

·
Registered
813 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Champ91 said:

Duh. Opp is who I bought my race bodywork from. I'll check them out.

Thanks, Champ. (You going to Putnam?)

·
Tgf Og
9,851 Posts
Kneeinpain said:

Duh. Opp is who I bought my race bodywork from. I'll check them out.

Thanks, Champ. (You going to Putnam?)
yes he is! ive enlisted him to slow you down so i can pass you!!:thumbsup

·
Registered
813 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
JimGoFast said:

yes he is! ive enlisted him to slow you down so i can pass you!!:thumbsup
Save your trash talk for the Putnam smack talk thread, mister. Besides, you couldn't pass me if I was draggin' an anchor off the Queen Mary. Bwaahahaha :laughing

·
Who's faster Lupi
4,957 Posts
:eek:t yes I'll be slowing you all down at Putnam. Think Im going to get yellow flags and a "WIDE LOAD" sign then slap on some hazzards and slow you all down.:twofinger :eek:t

dont know when you ordered your skinz, but they just acquired these lights around December last year. Otherwise they are some ugly 5" round lights. Sorry Lupi.:D

1 - 14 of 14 Posts