Chicagoland Sportbike Forums banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Ridiculously Good Looking
32,521 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This...

AKA Tire Trust and getting over my "Crash Fear" after my ribs which still are not 100% healed - Or as Roman says, "get out of my own head"

Damn this cat is OVER - He is dragging bar !!!! (Rudi Bauer)

·
32,521 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
he's on a yamaha, those frames flex/ dont work for sumo, and they are slow
Well, regardless of Mfgs, when a few guys whom I trust tell me that the SM Mfg Built Race Bikes perform better than MX Converts, I take their word - When i asked both why, they both came back and said Frame so, you can puff puff give and laugh all ya want at it but I trust 'em

·
32,521 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Did you meet your 2012 goal of talking about how fast you are while in the office? And telling the hotties you got hurt racing?
That goal was met in '94 and every year since with the birth of my "office" Career

·
Pringles can user
6,238 Posts
Well, regardless of Mfgs, when a few guys whom I trust tell me that the SM Mfg Built Race Bikes perform better than MX Converts, I take their word - When i asked both why, they both came back and said Frame so, you can puff puff give and laugh all ya want at it but I trust 'em
None of it will matter, sumoframe-mx frame! You could give me the Space Shuttle and throw me in the cockpit - i would still bury it into the ground at 4000mph as i dont know what the fuck im doing! :jester

·
32,521 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
2013 goals:

3) WIN. if you aint first you're last!
Bill, thats crazy - You could be 2nd, you could be 3rd, hell, you could be 4th - I was high when I said that....

·
Obsessed and Deranged
4,629 Posts
i think you missed the joke

·
32,521 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
i think you missed the joke
No Bright Bulb, I did not, hence my explanation - Geez, its like talking to 2nd graders......in the slow wing

·
Registered
646 Posts
My goals for 2013:

1) Talk a lot on the internet over the next 4 months about how I'm going to get back out there this year and run with Zac and Tyler
2) Put calendar together with realistic shot of making it to 2 events (practice or races) per month from May to October
3) Develop plans and make parts to stiffen my MX based frame because it is clearly too flexible (or was this an SMR you sold me BH, I can't tell, the frame looks exactly the same as my old SX???) :nutkick:
4) Realize sometime around May that my calendar that I put together is completely unrealistic and not going to happen.
5) Get 3 MX ride days in and line up for the Club 57 GP Challenge in Sept completely out of shape and wonder why I get tired in 5 minutes.

...oh wait, that was 2011...and 2012. Yeah, I think I will do the same thing in 2013. Maybe try to catch up with you guys for a least 1 RA track day and 1 or 2 SRR Thursday evenings.

·
32,521 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
3) Develop plans and make parts to stiffen my MX based frame because it is clearly too flexible (or was this an SMR you sold me BH, I can't tell, the frame looks exactly the same as my old SX???)
Fuck you clowns - When Phil said he wanted to sell his Yami for something else, i asked him "why" with all the Graves stuff on it he would want to do so - His response, 'it is still an MX Frame and with all the choices out there of purpose built SM bikes, i just think that in the end, for racing, the SM built frames provide better results, ridden a few Huskys and KTMs and out of the Box, they just feel better" (he said this about my '04 stocker after riding it in comparison to his stock Yami and even more so with my '09)

I also asked Roman what he felt about it after making the jump from his CRF to a SMR husky and he mentioned it took a little to get use to but his SMR felt better for sure once he learned how to ride it as he was use to riding only Honda for years.

So, when 2 guys who's opinion I trust and have actually compared the two tell me the same, i tend to believe it - I am by no mens comparing this to top riders on $50K bikes but when the cat who was looking to get into it asked 'why" I provided insight

Ya'll can kiss my ass

1 - 20 of 41 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.