Damn now I found another toy I need to buy, Damn you mIke :D

·
Who's faster Lupi
4,957 Posts
nice pics. looks like fun

·
BEER!
5,970 Posts
I saw that stuff at Road America for the first time when we went up there. That stuff is mind boggling. Different style entirely. Guy who won was VERY street oriented dragging knees and leaning a lot, while doing all that dirt bike stuff (swinging the back end around, etc). Wish I had the camera for that stuff.

I could seriously get into that stuff. Looks like a lot of fun! :D

Chris

·
Registered
916 Posts
Mike riding a super-REtard???? Sounds about right to me :)

Seriously though I'm super jealous!!! I've been kicking around the idea of getting a new dirtbike to play with.....Hmmmmmm CRF450 or YZ450?????? Or go Euro and get a Husky????

I'm curious as to how you like it on the track (compared to a "sportbike" like your R6...)???

·
Registered
916 Posts
GroverSV650S said:
Guy who won was VERY street oriented dragging knees and leaning a lot, while doing all that dirt bike stuff (swinging the back end around, etc).
That would've been Kevin Schwantz (former 500cc GP Champion)

·
BEER!
5,970 Posts
vtr996 said:

That would've been Kevin Schwantz (former 500cc GP Champion)
Yeah, Jeremy said some famous racer was doing Supermotard races there. He was working corner 5 and didn't get a chance to check it out :D

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
vtr996 said:
Mike riding a super-REtard???? Sounds about right to me :)

Seriously though I'm super jealous!!! I've been kicking around the idea of getting a new dirtbike to play with.....Hmmmmmm CRF450 or YZ450?????? Or go Euro and get a Husky????

I'm curious as to how you like it on the track (compared to a "sportbike" like your R6...)???
It's totally different feeling. Espicially when your leg gets trapped between the bars and the ground. I went thru the heel on my race boots. But its a blast

I don't feel like I'm going as fast in the corners, but the slides are much easier to control. It brakes fairly well, but the front dive hard and the back comes around. I haven't learn to back it in yet, I had a few slides coming into corners and they were easier to manage than I though.
All in all it is alot of fun. Its a great bike for NHIS because you're not coming into the corner as fast and there are alot of transitions that the suspension can soak up. I was toying with the idea of selling the R6 and only ride the YZ but I think I'll keep it for the bigger tracks

·
Registered
747 Posts
looks like a total gas!!! When are you going to trailer it out to BHF to compare laptimes? :laughing

who's this guy again?

·
Super Moderator,
43,221 Posts
awesome. i'm never sure if I'm more jealous of your toys, or your riding ability. Looks like fun!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts