1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Old Squid on a Blade
9,388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Super Moderator,
43,221 Posts
good concept, but it just seems to me like an uglier version of a TL1000S. I would buy a TLS before this bike any day of the week.

·
Old Squid on a Blade
9,388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I think the steering geometry and seating is more relaxed. A more comfortable street ride and possible better for hooliganism. BTW, IMO the Terrible Lizard in the used market is a steal. Since they never took off (despite being a good bike), there is no resale value on them and can be bought for a song.

·
Registered
19,186 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Being an old man of 44, I tend to like the Naked sportbike class. Little more relaxed, everything is out in the open to see and appreciate. People are getting a lot of bang for the buck when it comes to CC's.

·
Registered
5,002 Posts
The best thing about a nekid bike is that with many insurance agents, if it doesn't LOOK like a sportbike, then it isn't a sportbike. I'm no longer with the agent that used that as a criteria.:bs

·
Super Moderator,
43,221 Posts
Blade Runner said:
I think the steering geometry and seating is more relaxed. A more comfortable street ride and possible better for hooliganism. BTW, IMO the Terrible Lizard in the used market is a steal. Since they never took off (despite being a good bike), there is no resale value on them and can be bought for a song.
I agree, the resale on the TLS is horrid. Thats why if it was my money I would rather get a TLS, strip off the plastic and put some bar risers on it. not only would I save a ton of money but I would have a very unique bike, that is a total hooligan special. I've been thinking about doing this for quite some time.

·
Grammaton Cleric
1,842 Posts
Truth be told...I'm eyeing the SV1000 for a Spring '03 purchase. I miss having a naked V-twin and I think that SV1000 would make a good second bike. In a perfect world, I'd get that new Monster 1000, but I'm to tall for the Ducati Monster :(

I wish that the SV1000, came in black, too.

·
Lovin this Twin
1,980 Posts
You Suzuki Nut Sacks..............

If you like em Nakid check out the new Kawasaki Z1000.

Now thats a Hooligan bike..........mmmmm decisions decisions

Dont have a pic handy but its in Motorcyclist Nov issue

1 - 11 of 11 Posts