Chicagoland Sportbike Forums banner
1641 - 1660 of 1670 Posts

·
Registered
9,428 Posts
Man you better stick with it. If you have no confidence in the swim you are going to be at a disadvantage before the race even starts. Can you swim an 800 without stopping yet?
I can swim, but still need to work on breathing or just get out of comfort zone more. Breathing is what is holding me back, but it is in my head.

I'll know come June 16th:laughing:

·
Registered
9,428 Posts
I have my wetsuit but have not tried it yet in the water. I am going to take it to masters swim class and jump in pool with it to see difference before open water swim in June 5.

Worst case I float on back, get regrouped and go again. I know I can do it, it is just relaxing and breathing.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I love to do swimming in summer season. Actually I have needed to lose weight and my doctor was suggest me to do swimming. And now after three months i observe that it was true. Swimming is really helpful to stay healthy and also effective to reduce weight.

·
Tony M.
1,902 Posts
Wetsuits aren't meant for swimming pools, the chlorine will eat the material fast. A suit (jammer) that is made for chlorine won't last much longer then a season.

For real though, open water swimming with a suit on is for pussys. No flip turns and all you have to do is move your arms.

·
Registered
9,428 Posts
Well I have signed up for swim classes as I want to do well in the LiTH TRI and start next weekend tuesday at 5:30 am and Friday same time. I'm going to drown, so I'm showing up with arm floatation and a caffeine drop to stay awake.

Well, I survived the LITH tri, but still need to work on swimming better. Got to the first turn floatie and just freaked out, not sure why. I had to do the rest of it on my back as was trying to calm down but couldn't.

What is funny and pisses me off is that I had a great swim the day before and swam the whole thing with ease.

Maybe cause it was a race I put extra pressure on myself? But whom knows I'll do a few other Tri's to see if going to be a common occurrence for which I hope not.

·
Registered
18,079 Posts
maybe because you had to take a massive dump and then realized you were in a wetsuit? That would freak me the F out!

·
Your friendly Crazy Canuk
12,731 Posts
Well, I survived the LITH tri, but still need to work on swimming better. Got to the first turn floatie and just freaked out, not sure why. I had to do the rest of it on my back as was trying to calm down but couldn't.

What is funny and pisses me off is that I had a great swim the day before and swam the whole thing with ease.

Maybe cause it was a race I put extra pressure on myself? But whom knows I'll do a few other Tri's to see if going to be a common occurrence for which I hope not.
Dude you did well. :bow Hell I saw one person swim at least 100 yards off course, twice, then swim into me about 100 yards from the finish of the swim.

·
Registered
9,428 Posts
Thanks Rick but I know better...:laughing:

What is funny, I still got out of the water in a time of 13 minutes, but it felt like 30 minutes.

·
Resident Slow Guy
7,386 Posts
Swimming is gay.

Now that we got that out of the way :lmao: where are you ******* taking your Masters swim classes at?

·
Registered
9,428 Posts
I haven't swam since my last triathlon and I am gonna suck this weekend at nationals. Swimming is gay.
Hell I still suck and go two days a week. If I could just relax things would be much better.

·
Registered
9,428 Posts
:lmao:Right

Relaxing only to control heart rate and anxiety, and not drown..

·
Registered
9,428 Posts
So you didn't drown, congrats...

1641 - 1660 of 1670 Posts