Chicagoland Sportbike Forums banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
701 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
GSXR1000 that is.

All I can say is WOW ! The power is amazing. from 0 to 60 within a blink of an eye.

Can't say the same about cornering, the bike had too much trail so it felt heavy turning in and wanted run wide on the exist. But I do see how you want to learn spinning the rear 'cause it WILL happen in no time. The bike is just an enabler and you'd better be prepared upfront for what it has to offer :) My bow to those who have mastered that monster on the track !

·
Just for the smell of it!
310 Posts
Yeah theres not alot of people that can ride one to there potential.

·
Ridiculously Good Looking
32,753 Posts
I read a about this bike - Supposed to be something to keep an eye on

·
I miss mopar
8,247 Posts
Looks like hix is not using every thread for shameless advertising.

The GSXR1000 is a bad ass bike, but I have a long way to go to master the 600 before I consider a 1000.

·
El Burrito Volador
1,141 Posts
My bow to those who have mastered that monster on the track !
+1. I tried one of Ron's jiggy thou's this year. Until then, I had only ridden a 600. It was an eye-opening experience. The bike has so much power it's intoxicating. If you don't give the bike the respect it deserves, bad things will happen. Although I prefer riding a 600, it would be nice to get a few weekends on a 1000 just to see how I do. Maybe in a few years when I make it big in the AMA :jester

·
Premium Member
17,255 Posts
Needless to say, it isn't that only a few have mastered the 1000... it is more like, only a handful of riders in the US have mastered it.

That said, the Gixxer 1000 is indeed the ultimate track weapon, and of course, it can far outperform ANY of us lowly riders. The beauty is, it provides unlimited challenges for us to grow with from weekend to weekend.

·
Registered
701 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I thought of getting something "bigger" but oh boy . the bike is too much.
besides I like twisting the throttle all the waaaaay :) . that's not goiing to happen on 1000 , there is simply not enough track to slow down the bike before the next corner... except RA .

BTW: Wink , your avatar is cracking me up everytime I see it :)

·
3,707 Posts
Since I started riding motorcycle as a kid and then got my first streetbike at 14 years old, I have always rode Honda's. That all changed when I rode Garth's GSXR 1000 at Putnam in 2005.

I was really amazed the first time I rode one. I immediately sold my F4i and bought one.

All jokes aside, when the bike is setup correctly it really does corner better than many 600's. Extremely balanced and very forgiving.

I can not count how many times I have went into a corner far too hot on wore out Pirelli SC's and the bike just slides and slides very predictably.

And of course, coming out of the hole the bike just pulls like crazy. My lats were literally sore every Monday morning for the first few months of the season until I got accustomed to trying to hold onto that thing all weekend.

In case you can't tell, I am a fan.

·
El Burrito Volador
1,141 Posts
And of course, coming out of the hole the bike just pulls like crazy.
Tell me about it. Especially when you're as little as me, the bike basically leaves you behind. You don't ride it, you just hold on for dear life, lol. 4th gear power wheelies FTW! :1pimp

·
Registered
701 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 · (Edited)
Since I started riding motorcycle as a kid and then got my first streetbike at 14 years old, I have always rode Honda's. That all changed when I rode Garth's GSXR 1000 at Putnam in 2005.
you must have spread some reputation for The Man himself to lend his bike :)

All jokes aside, when the bike is setup correctly it really does corner better than many 600's. Extremely balanced and very forgiving.
quite likely. the bike is as short as 600. may be little "fatter" but not much. actually , that was a disapointment cause I'd hopped to find more comfortable ride for my frame.

·
3,707 Posts
the bike is as short as 600. may be little "fatter" but not much. actually , that was a disapointment cause I'd hopped to find more comfortable ride for my frame.
You may want to look at the pre 2005 model GSXR 1000's. They just keep making them smaller and smaller. I know the 2004 is significantly "roomier" than my 2005 or 2006.

·
King Nothing, , ,
17,944 Posts
You may want to look at the pre 2005 model GSXR 1000's. They just keep making them smaller and smaller. I know the 2004 is significantly "roomier" than my 2005 or 2006.
+1

Diesel, didnt we have this conversation at the bottom of wildcat on G2G's ride a couple weeks ago?

·
Registered
701 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
+1

Diesel, didnt we have this conversation at the bottom of wildcat on G2G's ride a couple weeks ago?
Don't remember. Maybe the conversation happened when you guys decided to slack while G2G , me and the outher rider were ripping through mountain roads ? :)

·
King Nothing, , ,
17,944 Posts
Don't remember. Maybe the conversation happened when you guys decided to slack while G2G , me and the outher rider were ripping through mountain roads ? :)
Cigarette time!:laughing:

·
4,564 Posts
+1. I tried one of Ron's jiggy thou's this year. Until then, I had only ridden a 600 and a 1000 a few times on the street. It was an eye-opening experience. The bike has so much power it's intoxicating. If you don't give the bike the respect it deserves, bad things will happen. Although I prefer riding a 600, it would be nice to get a few weekends on a 1000 to see how I can handle it. It would probably take until Spyder Boyy is riding in the AMA.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts