·
You got the talkin' done
15,710 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
PRO:

Cleaver-Wielding Ex-Girlfriend Shot In Chest

POSTED: 10:37 am CST November 13, 2007
UPDATED: 11:06 am CST November 13, 2007

ST. FRANCISVILLE, La. -- A cleaver-wielding ex-girlfriend was shot in the chest at her former boyfriend's home in West Feliciana Parish.

Kimberly Davis was brought to a nearby hospital after she was shot in the chest at about 1 a.m. Monday. She underwent surgery but her condition was not immediately available.

Authorities said Davis will face charges of attempted second-degree murder upon her release.

West Feliciana Parish sheriff's officials said Davis kicked in the door of her former boyfriend's trailer. Investigators said he was in the bedroom with his new girlfriend when Davis, carrying a meat cleaver, stormed into the room.

The new girlfriend was cut with the cleaver, and then she reportedly pulled out a pistol and shot Davis in the chest.

Capt. Spence Dilworth said the pistol used to shoot Davis was a .22 caliber. The sheriff's office said the shooter will not be charged.

CON:

9-Year-Old Boy Accidentally Shoots, Kills Playmate

POSTED: 10:17 pm EST November 11, 2007

ALTOONA, Pa. -- Police continued their investigation Monday after a 9-year-old boy accidentally shot and killed an 11-year-old boy in Altoona while the two were playing in an attic.

Blair County Coroner Patty Ross says Michael Lee, 11, died instantly on Friday from a .22-caliber rifle bullet to the head on Sunday.

Ross said the 9-year-old, whose name was not released, did not intend to hurt the other child.

Ross said the children were playing alone in the attic, but there were adults in the house when the incident occurred. It is unclear who the rifle belonged to.

Officials said Lee was visiting the home on Second Street when the shooting happened.

Ross pronounced the shooting accidental, but a police investigation was ongoing. As of Monday morning, the district attorney said no charges had been filed.

Lee was a fifth grader at Mount Union-Kistler Elementary. The principal at the school said there were grief counselors on-hand Monday. Stay with Channel 6 News and WJACTV.com for continuing coverage.

·
CRF50 Squid
9,583 Posts
I support the smoking ban.

·
Fear is the mind killer
8,770 Posts
Somewhere in the middle is the right stance. People need the ability to defend themselves, but with that ability needs to come responsibility to prevent accidents.
+1 and if you have kids, you need to stress the importance of not playing with guns to them. My parents had a revolver in a laundry hamper while I was growing up. They showed all of us where the gun was and told us not to touch or play with it. To this day, I have never seen or touched the gun again, nor have any of my sisters. If you take the mystique of the gun away from the kids, they will respect them, and will leave them alone.

·
There was still a mystique to the gun when I was a kid. Until my brother got caught fucking with it. Then it was no mystery.

Fuck with the gun = mom kicks your ass until dad gets home and finishes kicking your ass. Swat to back of head by uncles for months afterward.

·
CRF50 Squid
9,583 Posts
It is all about training. I'm teaching MiniMao to shred documents. The kid learns quick. Soon he will know how to wipe the HD of all data. I'm so proud.

·
CRF50 Squid
9,583 Posts

·
Banned
6,882 Posts
Yea, like Arch said...middle ground. Even when my 15 year old cousin came by the other night I double checked and made sure my gun was way tucked away. Kids accidentally shooting each other is 100% preventable...psycho ex's breaking in to chop you up is not.

·
Cuddlie as a koala
7,520 Posts
+1 and if you have kids, you need to stress the importance of not playing with guns to them. My parents had a revolver in a laundry hamper while I was growing up. They showed all of us where the gun was and told us not to touch or play with it. To this day, I have never seen or touched the gun again, nor have any of my sisters. If you take the mystique of the gun away from the kids, they will respect them, and will leave them alone.
Ditto.

·
The Benchwarmer
14,574 Posts

these kids that get their hands on guns, it all comes from family. lock your shit up and discipline your kids.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts