Chicagoland Sportbike Forums banner
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

· Your friendly Crazy Canuk
12,615 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Rick's view on the fiscal cliff:

1) The Administration allows the bus to go over the fiscal cliff and dings all of us with $2000 more in taxes a year, cuts spending, then claims to "save" the country and us by reducing the deficit, when in actuality it was "us" who reduced the debt. They will pat themselves on the back, give themselves huge raises and up their pensions, which we pay for. Of course
they will accomplish this before Christmas so they can have a 5 week winter break, at our expense.
2) The Administration will come up with an inventive way to steer the bus clear of the fiscal cliff, and raise taxes by only $1500 a year, cut spending then claims to "save" the country and us by reducing the deficit, when in actuality it was "us" who reduced the debt. They will pat themselves on the back, give themselves huge raises and up their pensions, which we pay for. Of course they will accomplish this before Christmas so they can have a 5 week winter break, at our expense.

Bottom line we get screwed up the ass, with lube and plenty of coarse sand. Of course the only people not getting screwed is the congress and their cronies.

· Registered
5,811 Posts
Fuckin mess. The Dems bent over backward the whole first term trying to be civil and compromise. Everything they tried got blocked by the Reps. Now Obama is growing a pair knowing that he does not have to worry about re-elections. The Reps seem to have their own definition of compromise which means that they act like bitches and only accept ideas that are 100% of what they want. No give and take, just take. They still have the imaginary magical thinking that you can cut the deficit and grow by just cut, no revenue increases thru taxes. Fuckin nuts.
Its like saying that you can become rich by simply not buying things, never mind bringing a check home. Working your way up to better higher paying position. You can create wealth by just cuts. Wtf?. Nobody likes taxes but they are a reality in civilized society. Besides, if America is the best country as people site as scripture doesn't it have a fee to be a member?

· Grid Marshall. ,
26,896 Posts
Fuckin mess. The Dems bent over backward the whole first term trying to be civil and compromise. Everything they tried got blocked by the Reps. Now Obama is growing a pair knowing that he does not have to worry about re-elections. The Reps seem to have their own definition of compromise which means that they act like bitches and only accept ideas that are 100% of what they want. No give and take, just take. They still have the imaginary magical thinking that you can cut the deficit and grow by just cut, no revenue increases thru taxes. Fuckin nuts.
Its like saying that you can become rich by simply not buying things, never mind bringing a check home. Working your way up to better higher paying position. You can create wealth by just cuts. Wtf?. Nobody likes taxes but they are a reality in civilized society. Besides, if America is the best country as people site as scripture doesn't it have a fee to be a member?
Wow would I hate to live in your world. Not everything has to be based on an R and a D. They both got us in to this mess, together...they're both to blame. You do realize that the Republicans have acquiesced to tax increases (now that the deficit has become SO bad, it really is absolutely necessary at this point) yet all the talk of "balanced approaches" and "compromise" has gone completely out the window.

It's just stunning to me that anyone can be so one-sided in their view of what has happened. You realize that the Republicans had zero control for the first two years, none, zip, zero. Heck the Dems had a super-majority.

Yes, taxes must be on the table, but massive cuts in spending will be needed as well...that is "balance" no? Yet what are the plans for those cuts? (spare me the defense cuts, that's not what we're talking about here) ...people need to wake up and pay attention to what is actually happening instead of taking their spoon feedings every day.

Hook. Line. Sinker.

· Grid Marshall. ,
26,896 Posts
No matter, this will all actually be fun to watch...as the empty promises and nonsensical premises will be shown for what they are. Bottom line, the country is out of money. Here we are, talking about moderate tax increases on a tiny portion of the tax base, no real spending cuts and actually talk of ANOTHER stimulus. Discussions of cutting $1.7 billion over 10 years when that's basically our ANNUAL debt. :rolleyes

All the previous stimulus did was float the public sector jobs and government entities until this past election. They're trying to do it again...10% of those dollars went to infrastructure, and due to the "shovel ready" requirement on those dollars, almost all of that money went to simple resurfacing jobs, and employed basically no one that wasn't already employed.

I don't know what's worse at this point, the stupidity in Washington or the gullibility of the people that believe their excuses, on both sides. We suffer, while they ALL get rich. The ruling class indeed.

· TOOS Racing
2,247 Posts

this is not even close to being an accurate statement.

· Registered
3,451 Posts
^^^ It's beyond astounding!!! BUT... it just goes to show how much false and biased information is spewed by the media. The Republicans certainly have culpability in the overall problem but it isn't them who are continuing to spend like drunken sailors at an ever increasing rate. But the biggest problem is and remains the complete lack of leadership coming from the executive branch. No leadership in compromise, no leadership in bipartisanship, no leadership in trying to persuade and convince, no leadership in foreign policy, no leadership whatsoever and yet they have the audacity to claim a 2% vote margin as a mandate! The ONLY leadership I've seen from this administration has been in vacation time and BULLSHIT. Harsh realities and hard choices need to be made to actually solve the problems...posturing and declaring a mandate and standing firm for all you want to do is not leadership!

· I'm a non-achiever.
2,892 Posts
:hmmm::jerkit:

· Grid Marshall. ,
26,896 Posts
But "our share" goes up every single year because these idiots can't (more likely are unwilling to) understand that you can't spend more than you make, continuously and in a higher and higher capacity.

$16.3T now...yest we're talking about reductions of $1.7T over TEN YEARS...idiots.

· Registered
17,205 Posts
But "our share" goes up every single year because these idiots can't (more likely are unwilling to) understand that you can't spend more than you make, continuously and in a higher and higher capacity.

$16.3T now...yest we're talking about reductions of $1.7T over TEN YEARS...idiots.
Don't worry! 80 billion in new tax revenue from the rich and small business owners fixes everything! Plus it'll put a lot more people out of work so we can give them free money from the government. Greece is the shit. They really know what they are doing over there. Lets follow their lead. :)

· Cruising through life
2,137 Posts
taxes will go up but spending will also continue to go up, but will get lower in areas like defense. overall, the tax increase will not even make a dent as spending will increase over the extra amount it takes in so things will continue to get worse. yay!

· Grid Marshall. ,
26,896 Posts
Don't worry! 80 billion in new tax revenue from the rich and small business owners fixes everything! Plus it'll put a lot more people out of work so we can give them free money from the government. Greece is the shit. They really know what they are doing over there. Lets follow their lead. :)
...and the general consensus...let's put the Government morons in charge of MORE shit!!

Unbelievable.

· Registered
17,205 Posts
I'm starting to think going off the cliff is not a bad idea! Yeah....the hit to the economy will suck. But Washington doesn't get it. Our President thinks holding out to get revenues rom the rich that doesn't even make a dent. Why are we even talking about revenue? WE HAVE A SPENDING PROBLEM!!!! They want an open checkbook, no cap on spending. If we go over the cliff it means automatic cuts. They'll have to deal with the right side of the equation finally. We'll get certainty and visibility for businesses. Those things aren't bad! When the housing crisis hit I was a proponent for letting the medicine be shoved down our throats. I was against stimulus. I still think that would have been a better option and we'd be on the road to recovery had that path been taken. This may be the same situation. :(

· Grid Marshall. ,
26,896 Posts
It's just a continuation of that very problem...at some point, the sheer magnitude of the debt will stop the wheels from turning. Sure, the US economy is enormous and can shoulder a much larger debt burden, but there's still a limit...and we're fast approaching it.

I'm with you, at some point all of the crap that's got a band aid on it, and there's too much to even begin to list, will have to be dealt with. These idiots are like a bunch of petulant children, oblivious of the facts, oblivious of the ramifications of the decisions they make...all they want is their money and their power. That's it.

· Banned
8,661 Posts
Obama wants to have full control over the Country's budget. Looks like dictatorship to me.

Obama needs mo money for his agenda groups, he just digs more into the debt without congress's approval.

I know the liberals will say its good for the country bullshit.

· Banned
8,661 Posts
Its like saying that you can become rich by simply not buying things, never mind bringing a check home. ?

Uh yeah thats how it works, one way. My dad is a fawking baller. He fed us once a day, and bought me socks for Xmas and a birthday card for my Bday. Now hes got stacks of money growing in interest in the bank. Fawking rich.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.