People making 1 million Euros ($1.3m) or higher in France will now get taxed 75%.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-19754016France has unveiled its budget for 2013, avoiding big austerity spending cuts in favour of higher taxes on the wealthy and big businesses.
- A new 75% tax on the richest earning more than 1 million euros
- A 45% income tax rate on incomes over 150,000 euros a year
- A freeze in government spending, excluding debt repayments and pensions
- The elimination of a ceiling on "l'impot de solidarite sur la fortune", or wealth taxes, so that assets of more than 1.3m euros will be taxed at 1.5%
- The reduction of tax exemptions for loan payments by large corporations
- Capital gains and dividends will now be subject to the income tax regim