Chicagoland Sportbike Forums banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Odysseys said:
so your scratching the track/sportbike this year for motard?
Yep! Parted out the Sv for about $1500 more than what I was asking for it and now it is just a matter of time before I pick up a new KTM 450 SMR. I will still be doing trackdays and some CCS/WERA racing with it. But I will try my hand at racing supermoto. There are a couple of tracks to race at not to far from the chicagoland area. 2 in WI and 2 in MI 1 in IN. and 1 in IL these are the ones that I know of but I am sure there are more like the one at Beaverun in PA.

·
YO MAMA
60,258 Posts
why the switch if you dont mind me asking.

wanna just try something differant.

or actually less dangerous doing motard, then 150-170 down a stright into a 50mpr corner roadcourse on the sportbike?

just trying to why.

kinda dont know what i am doing myself for this year at the moment.

·
Registered
12,489 Posts
There is a 30 dollar track day in a couple weeks in springfield. It's a full blown Supermoto track.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Odysseys said:

or actually less dangerous doing motard, then 150-170 down a stright into a 50mpr corner roadcourse on the sportbike?

just trying to why.

Just want to try something different. I have wanted a full blown motard for a while but haven't pulled the trigger. I am sure I will be back to big bike once I have a bigger garage to handle 3 bikes and 2 cars but for right now I don't have the room for all of that righ now since I am living downtown. Also a $30 trackday is alot nicer than spending $150-$200 for a trackday.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Grasshopper said:
There is a 30 dollar track day in a couple weeks in springfield. It's a full blown Supermoto track.

If I have the bike by then I will check it out. Do you have a link Nick???

·
BEER!
5,970 Posts
Odysseys said:

just trying to why.

Supermoto at a club level is WAY less expensive than CCS. Typically $30 practice sessions, cheaper race enterance fees, tires last longer.

if you go mini-motarding, a weekend is $100 including a practice day on Friday and beer.

·
Registered
18,079 Posts
Grover said:
Supermoto at a club level is WAY less expensive than CCS. Typically $30 practice sessions, cheaper race enterance fees, tires last longer.

if you go mini-motarding, a weekend is $100 including a practice day on Friday and beer.
what cc's are considered MINI motarding?

·
Where's the ANY key?
231 Posts
way cool :) How do you slide it in like that?

·
YO MAMA
60,258 Posts
thats awesome at those prices, but more so the fun factor.

i also too think the saftey factor compared to what we do sometimes on the track with sportbikes.

i think i am facing i am not getting any younger or richer at the moment.

·
VTwin FTW!
5,564 Posts
MCC has a KTM 525 SMC for sale for under $7000.00. It has motard slicks mounted on it. They also have the new 950 SuperMoto there.

·
Registered
12,489 Posts
Odysseys said:
thats awesome at those prices, but more so the fun factor.

i also too think the saftey factor compared to what we do sometimes on the track with sportbikes.

i think i am facing i am not getting any younger or richer at the moment.
Supermoto racing is just as dangerous if not more than road racing/track days.

More playing on the edge of traction.

Just because you are not going 180 MPH doesn't make it safer.

Flat Track Racing is straight up Nuts! Supermoto is rite there with Flat track.

·
YO MAMA
60,258 Posts
hey, i am not saying its a pussy sport by no means, it takes skillz and balls still no doubt.

but i think i would rather be backing it in playing traction control with the throttle at 50mpr then leaned full over at 120mpr and low side.

ill take the 50mpr lowside thank you.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts