Chicagoland Sportbike Forums banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
ǝɹoɯʎuɐ ʞɔn&#60
11,268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Ok well I am interested to hear you experiences with under armor before I drop the cash for a few items

·
BSB > WSBK > MotoGP
11,797 Posts
Just go buy the stuff.

I have two Cold Gear sets that I wear as a base layer when snowboarding or under leathers on cold track days.

I have a bunch of Hot Gear stuff for hot trackdays. Get the long sleeve Hot Gear for under a leather suit if you want any chance in hell at getting your arms out :p

Cotton sucks.

·
Retired but still working
1,188 Posts
Worth the money - worth more if you get it on sale. Just DO NOT get Heat gear and Cold gear mixed up on a 90+ degree trackday.

·
im the greek guy
2,367 Posts
ive been using it since sophomore year in high school and i love it, go for it

·
Premium Member
16,341 Posts
Get it, but you don;t need to get the UA brand, all the hot gear is the same. For cold gear, get UA.

·
Your friendly Crazy Canuk
12,615 Posts
I just use the Walmart brand....the hell if I'm spending $50....if I can get it for $20......yea, yea I know....it's not Under Armor....I don't care....looks and feels the same to me:nutkick:

·
Registered
2,753 Posts
I've been thinking about getting a cold gear for Fall football games. I also work out alot so if I wear the cold gear in the gym will I be really hot? I want to wear it in the gym to keep the sweat off. Also, any idea on when they go on sale and at what stores?

·
Moderator,
22,442 Posts
I just use the Walmart brand....the hell if I'm spending $50....if I can get it for $20......yea, yea I know....it's not Under Armor....I don't care....looks and feels the same to me:nutkick:
For once I agree with Rick.

I have some UA stuff for under my leathers, and I wear similar stuff when climbing mountains. I've found the cheap-o synthetic shirts keep me just as dry as the brand name stuff.

·
Banned
17,285 Posts
PSA: There's a UA outlet in Kenosha, just past Gurnee Mills, near the Culvers.

·
Midnight Rider
3,859 Posts
I got the cold gear for snowboarding and it rocks. I usually just wear the UA and a t-shirt under my jacket. never tried the warm stuff, but i would assume it works just as well.

·
BSB > WSBK > MotoGP
11,797 Posts
I've been thinking about getting a cold gear for Fall football games. I also work out alot so if I wear the cold gear in the gym will I be really hot? I want to wear it in the gym to keep the sweat off. Also, any idea on when they go on sale and at what stores?
You don't want to sweat in the cold gear.

And UA stuff is almost never on sale.

·
Registered
796 Posts
He's right the material is the same. I have both. Walmart is limited to only shirts, but I got one it's less stretchy but works the same once it's on. just more difficult to put on. Pants you have to get the real deal. I never ride without underarmor on it's so much better than cotton tshirts.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.