Chicagoland Sportbike Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
CRF50 Squid
9,583 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got tagged with an illegal U-Turn ticket on 10/5/2007. Sent in my check 10/8/2007. It has yet to be cashed and I have not heard back. What is the normal processing time? Is there a number I can call? It's not on the ticket I was given.

2,208 Posts
Was it in the city? If so good luck, they work on their own time schedule there and do what they want when they feel like doing it.

If it was in DuPage or Cook COunty (other than the city of Chicago) contact the Circuit Clerks Office. DuPage is 630-407-8600. They will definitely need your citation number and check number (if that's how you paid)

·
CRF50 Squid
9,583 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah it was in the City, right in Chinatown. I can live without my license, I just don't want to dig a deeper hole.

2,208 Posts
The city is frustrating period. Even finding answers to a simple questions will have you jumping through hoops with Chicago.

Illinois is the only state that still takes drivers licenses as bond. Hopefully you at least have a state ID. Luckily you are able to survive without your license....a lot of people couldnt.

I wouldnt cancel the check though. Try and see if you can at least get some information from them. Your luck you'll cancel the check the day before they cash it and then you're gonna have more problems. I would think that if you havent received a court notice in the mail or a later notice for payment for the ticket that you're ok....but, as we know, everything's different in Chicago.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts