Chicagoland Sportbike Forums banner
1 - 20 of 140 Posts

· Ridiculously Good Looking
32,521 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
......this site is dying a slow death - I use to come here and hit "New Posts" and there would be 2-3 pages of shit - I have yet to see it over 1 page in months

I use to love this place - Still do but we have become the same 25-30 people posting our own lil crap

Sad really.......I miss '07 when this place was active as hell, we all had $$ and rode.....

· DONATING MEMBER
24,867 Posts
Everybody misses the old days. Tons of riders, tons of bike shops, tons of group rides, good times. It royally sucks now. I've been saying this for a while. The intertoobz is taking all the profit out of motorcycling, and when a hobby has no profit, it goes downhill fast. I really hope motorcycling in general survives. Between the economic, financial, and legal pressures it is enduring right now, it is tough.

· Premium Member
6,206 Posts
Is there a local motorcycle forum that's flourishing?

Economy forced all the kids and casual riders to sell their toys and take up cheaper hobbies. Boards exist for all the focused moto-talk (CCS/WERA/Trackdays/Tards/Dirt/Stunt/Cruisers) and Facebook is handling more of the chit-chat.

On paper this place shouldn't exist at all.

However, it's still my go-to place to learn about republicans, guns, bicycle riding and a variety of goings on with the restaurant scene on Devon. Has been for 10 years now.

I go elsewhere for my news, and visit other places for motorcycle stuff as well. That said, this is still home for me - and I'll turn off the lights on my way out if I'm the last one to leave.

· Ridiculously Good Looking
32,521 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

· CRF50 Squid
9,391 Posts
Plenty of riders and posers on FaceBook groups. Forums are so old. I sold off my bike but my new hobbies are much more expensive then motorcycles.

I still check this forum from time to time when I'm feeling blue. Then I see motherfuckers begging for $800 and abusive relationships and shit. My life isn't so bad after all. :laughing

5,593 Posts
Still wrenching every day, best I can.

· Registered
14,160 Posts
Eddie I agree but its been happening to this site for the last couple of years. Mainly because people are getting smarter about group rides and not posting them. I know I rarely post them as I have my own group that I just text or pm when I go for a ride. I haven't posted much on here lately after the take over but that was mainly because i was stubborn at first but now its that I am pretty busy working on the house and working alot of hours. I have been riding more this year than almost any other year and own just as many if not more bikes than I ever have. I will never be without a bike or stop riding. Some people loose interest or don't have the stones to stand up to there GF/wife to tell them they are not gonna sell there bike. Thats why we have so many non riders on this forum.

Just because there are not alot of posts doesn't mean people do not lurk on here. Also FB is part of the downfall of forums as many just chat on there.

· Jewrassic Park Runaway
2,571 Posts
CRR died already :( - we have 10 people in Facebook group and thats it

older people that learned to online socializing on bulletin boards are getting out of motorcycling, new guys are facebooking and tweeting...

I am off to facebook now. Weapons and Hunters forum and racing news is the only reason I am here :(

· Registered
257 Posts
I haven't been around long, but I still come on here at least twice a day to see what's going on. Riding has been few and far between because my new apartment doesn't allow my bikes in my parking spots, so they are garaged in Lockport for the time being. This site may have been more active in the past, but that's no reason to let it die.

· Pierced & tattooed freak!
3,044 Posts
If certain people on here weren't such assholes to the newbies we might have more people posting. Blame yourselves.
I'm never an asshole to the newbies right away. I wait for them to say something stupid first, THEN rip them a new one. :)

1 - 20 of 140 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.