Chicagoland Sportbike Forums banner
1 - 20 of 91 Posts

·
Registered
899 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey y'all...

Well I was out riding today with Babette, Underdog and Norseman and Babette made the comment "wow your bike is really quiet!". After I went home and cried for about an hour, I decided that now is the time to get pipes (the bike is an 01 Ducati 750 supersport for anyone that doesn't know). I want carbon fiber pipes, but other than that I'm pretty much up in the air. High pipes or low... this brand or that... I don't really know what to get. I would love to keep my passenger footpegs but if it doesn't work out that way... oh well. I REALLY like the ducati performance carbon fiber pipes... they are $1300 though.

I guess I'm lookin' for suggestions on brands (shoot me their website if ya have it), mounts, and all that other stuff. I trust you guys to hook me up :)

Thanks!

·
Registered
899 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sorry. Yes of course carbon fiber cans. I'm using pipes when I should be saying cans. I want to get the entire system, though, which is why I was calling them pipes. As I've just demonstrated I don't know jack :) about these things... that's why I'm asking :D

·
Registered
19,186 Posts

·
Registered
899 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Crazy said:
You know what I'd like to see you do. But here's the low mount two brothers. http://www.twobros.com/Exhaust/Ducati/750Sport.shtm

You can get it in carbon fiber can.;)
I saw the two brothers systems... they have high mount and low mounts... why are they so much less expensive than the ducati parts? Is it because the ducati performance exhaust comes with a new ECU too?

Am I gonna have to remap my ECU with a new exhaust?

How good are two brothers... are they gonna be as good as ducati performance?

·
Registered
19,186 Posts
Stydie said:

I saw the two brothers systems... they have high mount and low mounts... why are they so much less expensive than the ducati parts? Is it because the ducati performance exhaust comes with a new ECU too?

Am I gonna have to remap my ECU with a new exhaust?

How good are two brothers... are they gonna be as good as ducati performance?
I don't claim to be an expert on Ducati's. There are a couple of guys here you can ask. Two brothers is basically a middle of the road system. I didn't even know Ducati made their own performance exhaust.

When you put full pipes on you either need to re-jet or re-map depending on if you have FI or carbs. You can find slip ons and avoid either. If you get a full exhaust you usually want to get a powercommander if you have FI so you can play with the maps and ignition curves.

·
Registered
899 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Crazy said:

I don't claim to be an expert on Ducati's. There are a couple of guys here you can ask. Two brothers is basically a middle of the road system. I didn't even know Ducati made their own performance exhaust.

When you put full pipes on you either need to re-jet or re-map depending on if you have FI or carbs. You can find slip ons and avoid either. If you get a full exhaust you usually want to get a powercommander if you have FI so you can play with the maps and ignition curves.
I'm definitely putting full pipes on. This is probably why the ducati kit comes with the new ECU. I am looking for something a little more premium than middle of the road... anyone have any other suggestions?

And yeah ducati makes their own performance parts... they are SWEET.

Any boards or whatnot that I could check that might have parts for sale? I'm not aware of any ducati-specific message boards.

·
Registered
916 Posts
You can't put TBR pipes on a Duc, you'd get your arse kicked by the Desmo brigade!!!:laughing

IMO- the carbon Forza's are the best sounding pipes on the air cooled ducs.

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
Stydie said:
Hey y'all...

Well I was out riding today with Babette, Underdog and Norseman and Babette made the comment "wow your bike is really quiet!". After I went home and cried for about an hour, I decided that now is the time to get pipes (the bike is an 01 Ducati 750 supersport for anyone that doesn't know).
Awwww....now I feel bad. :) It was just so quiet....especially when you pulled the clutch in, I half forget you were there. Especially with Underdog's bike around (damn that puppies loud) :laughing

I had the Yosh carbon pipe before I had my crash in April and decided I wanted a stainless steel one. I'm not a fan of carbon, but EVERYONE else thought it looked sweet. :laughing

·
Registered
19,186 Posts
Stydie said:

I'm definitely putting full pipes on. This is probably why the ducati kit comes with the new ECU. I am looking for something a little more premium than middle of the road... anyone have any other suggestions?

And yeah ducati makes their own performance parts... they are SWEET.

Any boards or whatnot that I could check that might have parts for sale? I'm not aware of any ducati-specific message boards.
I'll keep looking for you. I would check out the Ducati racing team sites and see what they are using. Also, I would suggest getting and aftermarket exhaust and a PowerCommander. Unless Ducati's ECU can be re-mapped at will. That way it can be fine tuned and will probably be cheaper anyway.

·
Registered
899 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
vtr996 said:
You can't put TBR pipes on a Duc, you'd get your arse kicked by the Desmo brigade!!!:laughing

IMO- the carbon Forza's are the best sounding pipes on the air cooled ducs.
Does Forza have a website? Does anywhere around here sell their stuff?

·
Registered
19,186 Posts

·
Registered
19,186 Posts
Stydie said:

Does Forza have a website? Does anywhere around here sell their stuff?

It doesn't look like they have underseat systems for your bike but the oval or the high mount should be fine.

·
Registered
19,186 Posts
Stydie said:

Looks like they only make slip-ons
Yeah aftermarket parts seem a bit limited on your model

Keep looking though. If you want...talk to 4&6 about a custom system. I know DoctorB had his custom made;)

·
YO MAMA
60,258 Posts
dude if you want to keep with the ducati stlye, you haVE TO go with there set-ups, that mean there full exhaust or there slip on with the new chip, it will be exspenive but thats goes along with owning a duc, and what ever you do dont put on 2 brothers on a duc, that is like taking a 2 dollar crack whore to your moms for marrage, everyone in the duck family will poke fun and want to kick your ass for it:laughing

·
Registered
899 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Odysseys said:
dude if you want to keep with the ducati stlye, you haVE TO go with there set-ups, that mean there full exhaust or there slip on with the new chip, it will be exspenive but thats goes along with owning a duc, and what ever you do dont put on 2 brothers on a duc, that is like taking a 2 dollar crack whore to your moms for marrage, everyone in the duck family will poke fun and want to kick your ass for it:laughing
That's exactly what I've been leaning towards. The ducati performance pipes just look SICK... and I heard a monster with the duc perf high pipes on it... it sounded amazing. I'm not going to get it REALLY loud... but at least I'll be able to hear the engine. Babette was right... my bike is REALLY quiet.

Now I just gotta decide... high pipes or low? :D

·
Registered
19,186 Posts
Stydie said:

That's exactly what I've been leaning towards. The ducati performance pipes just look SICK... and I heard a monster with the duc perf high pipes on it... it sounded amazing. I'm not going to get it REALLY loud... but at least I'll be able to hear the engine. Babette was right... my bike is REALLY quiet.

Now I just gotta decide... high pipes or low? :D
Sorry bro,

I thought it sounded like you didn't want to drop the cash on them. Can you find some pics with the high and low pipes so we can see?

·
BEER!
5,970 Posts
If you are going straight for poser points (you're allowed, it's a street bike), I'd say do it right and get the Ducati stuff. Best chance of helping the bike sell later on.

If you are doing it for performance enhancements, I'd say wait. Best performance enhancement for a bike is getting the rider some seat time, preferably on the track.

Nothing's more humbling than getting lapped on a track by a guy on a 400cc 15 year old bike. It will happen on your first track day, trust me.

Chris

·
Registered
899 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
GroverSV650S said:
If you are going straight for poser points (you're allowed, it's a street bike), I'd say do it right and get the Ducati stuff. Best chance of helping the bike sell later on.

If you are doing it for performance enhancements, I'd say wait. Best performance enhancement for a bike is getting the rider some seat time, preferably on the track.

Nothing's more humbling than getting lapped on a track by a guy on a 400cc 15 year old bike. It will happen on your first track day, trust me.

Chris
Yeah I'm goin for some poser points with the pipes... the performance you get isn't startling(8-10% torque and hp)... but it does flatten out the torque curve a little.

First time I'm on a track won't be with the Duc... and I'm SURe I'll be getting lapped twice and 3 times by 15 year olds with 400cc bikes. No question about it.

Crasy: I'm looking for pics of the low vs. high pipes... the low pipes just imagine mine but carbon fiber :)... I'll find it...

1 - 20 of 91 Posts