Chicagoland Sportbikes banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
that have lighter ,faster bikes than mine Screw you ARGHHHHHHHHH I want a new bike. :mad

sorry had to say it love you all :twofinger :twofinger :twofinger

·
Who's faster Lupi
4,957 Posts
lighter and faster doesn't mean better all the time. There are plenty of riders out there that can whoop anyone on heavier and slower bikes. they are just better riders. IMO its more of a rider function than bike. Question you have to ask yourself is have you reached your potential or the bikes. I bet its only yours and the bike has more in it than you have found.

Dont get me wrong I would also love to get a new bike. But after going to the track and seeing pics and seeing what others are doing, I realize that I have a long way to go b4 I ever reach the potential of what the bike can do.

ook thats my 0.02

·
Registered
563 Posts
Been there, done that.....

Had (still have) the same bike as you do now.....at the time, I thought I would be happy adding a few performance options, and making it look a little nicer than it did before, but it still was a Katana.

It would overheat in the hotter weather (oil cooled, could put a fan on the cooler ??), and not have the performance I wanted out of the bike.

It's hard to go on rides with others who have the latest, and newest bikes.....but it is a good bike to learn on, won't supprise you with too much power, and if you drop it, at least you did not drop a 10-12k bike, that ody will have to repaint for you:D

Just get it in good tune, reliable, get a small electric fan for that oil cooler, and maybe some newer plastic, and spray it some basic color, that is easy to match if you scuff it up, or whatever......

I spent a little money on my older bike....wish I just saved it more for a larger down payment on the next one.....but it was still fun to do

:D

·
3,613 Posts
Bahah, screw you too, homes! :D :twofinger No really, at least you have a bike though! Be happy for that, and, like everyoen else said, the time will come soon enough when you can get a new bike and blahblahblah. :)

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Actually guys I just want to take a lighter bike around a parking lot or something to have some comparison points. and as we know you can ride unless you buy. so if one day you one of you guys feels kind enough to let me go around a parking lot on your lighter (not liter!!!!) bike :D it will cure my itch it is just curiosity (?sp) getting the better of me.

p.s at this stag of my riding development I am scared to death of liter bikes, actually I refuse to ride anything bigger than 750, I may be dumb but I'm not stupid :rofl I know my wrist :laughing

1 - 6 of 6 Posts